Job Location: United States : Bridgewater : New Jersey Alternate Job Location: United States : Tampa : Florida
At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Technology & Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, claims analysts and project managers with the freedom to create innovative and solutions to address core business challenges with MetLife. This role will monitor and analyze Global Operations’ Operational Risks, as well as, work closely with Regional Operations Leads, Operations groups, 2nd and 3rd Lines of Defense to control the organization’s risk exposure.
- Reporting to a Risk Management Officer, oversees a department and management personnel that monitors and analyzes operational risk for the firm.
- Translates senior management vision and develops department vision, strategy, service levels, and business objectives. Communicates vision and strategy to staff.
- Designs and develops complex quantitative/analytic models to identify significant risk exposures, establishes tolerance levels, and communicates the effects of strategic plans on the firm’s risk level.
- Proposes, evaluates and implements risk reporting process improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Communicates and accurately represents the risk profile of the business to business risk officers, planning officers, and other key data owners.
- Prepares and may present presentations to senior management and the board.
- Identifies, locates and provides needed training and resources.
- Partners with other operational areas to build strong working relations and improve workflow and organizational issues.
- Partners with market and credit risk management to control the organization’s overall risk exposure.
- Forecasts and monitors the budget for areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- CPA, CFA and /or LIFA required
- 10+ years of Risk Management or related investment management experience.
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Expert knowledge of supported products/markets and associated regulations
- Expert understanding of the company’s products, trading strategies, and market characteristics.
- Expert understanding of organization dynamics and extensive experience with financial and/or statistical modeling.
- Analytical, strong computer skills with experience in spreadsheets and quantitative and statistical packages, project management skills, ability to coach and mentor, leadership skills, presentation skills, and communication skills.
Operations : Risk Management
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 55463