About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
• Lead the development of Outcomes and Evidence (O&E) strategy to support the value of assets in the I&I BU in close partnership with the Cross-Functional Leadership Team (CFLT) members.
• Lead the execution of O&E studies and projects (including Non-Interventional Studies, registries, etc) in alignment with the global O&E strategy and demonstrate the value proposition for assets in the I&I BU.
• Incorporate humanistic and economic endpoints into clinical trials across all phases of product development to build comprehensive trial-based evidence in line with overall medical strategy for the assets and to ensure global reimbursement and access requirements. Provide strategic input in the selection of relevant patient population and comparators within clinical trials to enable successful negotiations, reimbursement, and appropriate patient access with global payer and regulatory decision makers.
• Development and validation of new Patient Reported Outcomes measures as appropriate for inclusion across clinical trials, registries, and prospective real world studies.
• Identify opportunities to partner with I&I BU external customers to conduct O&E projects in support of asset strategies
• Lead the timely development of launch and post launch deliverables including global value dossiers (GVDs), evidence blueprints, economic models, and innovative tools to successfully support global launch and post-launch reimbursement and access requirements in conjunction with the regions/countries.
• Lead the coordination of input from local country/regional O&E teams on evidence needs and ensure that the input is appropriately incorporated to develop and integrated evidence strategy to support global market access needs at time of launch.
• Develop real world evidence generation strategies and flawlessly execute studies (e.g., burden of illness studies, epidemiology studies, etc).
• Develop strategic partnerships and research collaborations with key external experts, healthcare policy makers, payers, and various academic and community oncology settings to support asset strategies.
• Collaborate with local health and value affiliates and enable local model adaptations and updates throughout the product life cycle.
• Provide strategic guidance and content guidance in reimbursement (re)negotiations for the company products.
• Lead the development of appropriate data dissemination plans and communicate evidence generated via publications and conference presentations.
• Academic dermatology, rheumatology, and Outcomes Research thought leaders (Global)
• Leadership at outcomes research and policy vendors/consulting firms
• Leadership at key professional organizations such as ISPOR, AAD, ACR, EULAR
• Cross-Functional Leadership Team (CFLT) members
• Global and regional Outcomes and Evidence
• Global Health & Value
• Medical Affairs (HQ and regional medical)
• Global and Regional Commercial (Marketing, Payer Accounts, etc)
• Contracting and Operations
• International Policy
• Corporate Affairs
• Minimum MS (MSc, MPH) in health services research, public health, epidemiology, or health economics with a preferred Doctoral degree (PhD, DrPH, ScD) in health services research, public health, epidemiology, or health economics.
• Minimum 8 years' experience in health outcomes and related fields, 5 of which are as part of global health economics and/or outcomes research teams in a pharmaceutical company.
• Strong working knowledge of the technical and methodological aspects of registries and observational study design and implementation. Capable of independently managing complex registry and non-interventional study projects.
• Strong methodological skills (study design, data analysis and interpretation) in clinical trials, epidemiology, or health services research is required
• In depth understanding of Pharmacoeconomics and Health-related Quality of Life
• Knowledge and experience in the I&I therapeutic area is preferred
• Experience with HTA organizations such as NICE, SMC, PBAC is desirable
• Excellent interpersonal skills required: ability to understand and respond to multiple internal and external customers
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills required
• Strong project management abilities (contracting, budgeting, vendor management) essential. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects (multitask) involving complex processes, significant budget, competing deadlines and rapidly shifting priorities
• Ability to influence key members of medical and commercial teams constructively and without conflict
• Skilled in functioning within a matrix organization where managing through influence is required
Must be able to travel internationally.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.