About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
To support the strategic goals of the Molecular Epidemiology group within the wider Outcomes and Evidence function in ensuring optimal reimbursement and access of the product portfolio. This role directly impacts the ability to achieve business objectives on a global basis by providing strategic guidance and robust evidence development relevant to achieve optimal global patient access by demonstrating the value of our products.
The Director will function with a One Global Health &Value (GH&Value) mindset and will work in a closely aligned fashion with the Cross-Functional Leadership Team (CFLT) members to ensure there is a single and coordinated view on strategy and delivery for GH&V to the business units. The Director will collaborate with cross-functional teams, commercial and the Real World Data groups to develop and implement epidemiology and molecular epidemiology research strategies to support assets globally.
• Academic epidemiology and molecular epidemiology thought leaders (Global)
• Leadership at epidemiology and outcomes research vendors/consulting firms
• Leadership at key professional organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE
• Cross-Functional Leadership Team (CFLT) members
• Global and regional Outcomes and Evidence
• Global Health & Value
• Medical Affairs (HQ and regional medical)
• Global and Regional Commercial
• Contracting and Operations
• International Policy
• Corporate Affairs
• Support the development of molecular epidemiology strategy to support the value of assets across the BUs in close partnership with Cross-Functional Team members.
• Lead the execution of molecular epidemiology and epidemiology studies and projects (including Non-Interventional Studies, registries, chart reviews etc.) in alignment with the global Outcomes &Evidence strategy and demonstrate the value proposition for assets in the respective BUs.
• Provide strategic input in the selection of relevant patient populations and sub-group analysis techniques to enable successful negotiations, reimbursement, and appropriate patient access with global payer and regulatory decision makers.
• Contribute to valuation assessments of business development opportunities and disease area profiles in terms of epidemiology challenges
• Proactively identify and address epidemiology and molecular epidemiology methodological issues that may affect Global Health & Value work to support the company products.
• Generate study proposals and designs to support multiple therapeutic areas/products
• Lead the development of appropriate data dissemination plans and communicate evidence generated via publications and conference presentations.
• Identify opportunities to partner with external customers to conduct Molecular Epidemiology projects in support of asset strategies.
• Develop strategic partnerships and research collaborations with key external experts, healthcare policy makers, payers, and various academic and communities to support asset strategies.
• Minimum Master's degree (MSc, MPH) in epidemiology health services research, public health, or health economics with a preferred Doctoral degree (PhD, DrPH, ScD) in epidemiology, health services research, public health, or health economics.
• Minimum of 8 years' experience in epidemiology, health outcomes and/or related fields, 5 of which are as part of global epidemiology, health economics and/or outcomes research teams in the pharmaceutical industry.
• Strong working knowledge of the technical aspects of epidemiology and molecular epidemiology study design and implementation.
• Capable of independently managing complex non-interventional study projects.
• Strong methodological skills (study design, data analysis and interpretation) in epidemiology, or health services research is required
• Excellent interpersonal skills required: ability to understand and respond to multiple internal and external customers
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills required
• Strong project management abilities (contracting, budgeting, vendor management) essential. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects (multitask) involving complex processes, significant budget, competing deadlines and rapidly shifting priorities
• Ability to influence key members of medical and commercial teams constructively and without conflict
• Skilled in functioning within a matrix organization where managing through influence is required
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.