At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
Alternate Job Location
Not Applicable : Not Applicable
This role is responsible for coordinating the reporting of the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial results including managing a timely close and consolidation process and overseen the preparation of external regulatory reporting on both a GAAP basis. This role provides significant support to external and internal auditors for quarterly reviews and audits.
- Responsible for all close coordination and calendar management for SEC/GAAP reporting
- Ability to identify dependent sources of information for key close activities and track progress against metrics
- Assigning ownership to individual tasks to help improve status reporting and accountability
- Defining and tracking key close metrics to enable the organizations to perform post-mortem evaluations
- Monitor changes in COVs, legal entity and segment hierarchy as SEC/GAAP approver
- Supervise the addition of new accounts and legal entities to the general ledger
- Manage all representative letter processes including internal sub-certifications in support of the auditors’ management representation letter
- Supervise quarterly/annual audits by internal auditors and independent external auditors
- Manage all SEC filings and external reporting including: review of annual report; preparation of standalone financial statements for legal entity reporting
- Review the preparation and data collection for all quarterly financial statements
- Oversee SEC and US GAAP reporting disclosures
- Coordinate / Review / Approve / Sign-off 10Ks/10Qs with technical accounting team, investments, tax, functional areas and controllers
- Support / Prepare / Review / Approve / Sign-off management discussion & analysis
- Supervise the development, documentation and implementation of controls and procedures in accordance with SOX
- Conduct analytical reviews on core financial statements
- Manage treasury reporting
- Deep knowledge and experience in external reporting (e.g., standard reporting, ad hoc reporting, slice-and-dice and drill-down reporting) to perform detail analysis on financial statements to tell consolidated P&L and balance sheet stories
- In-depth knowledge and experience working with life insurers financial statements preparation and supervision
- Experience leading corporate functions and facilitating processes across different business units
- Experience analyzing corporate and business unit financial results to produce consolidated financials analytics
- Experience working with business unit and corporate leadership
- Knowledge and experience in numerous finance functions (e.g., accounting, tax, treasury, statutory/GAAP/management reporting, financial planning)
- Experience in analyzing financial results
- An in-depth knowledge and experience in the life insurance market
- Knowledge and experience in working with general ledgers and Microsoft tools (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint)
- Thinks Strategically - Sets direction aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
- Creates Partnerships - Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Seizes Opportunity - Seeks new opportunities and ways to create balanced business growth while improving operational capabilities.
- Drives Results - Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
- CPA preferred
- 15+ years of experience
Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or equivalent work experience
Up to 25%
Financial External Reporting
Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.