Do you think about writing beautiful code while eating breakfast? Do you build applications you are proud of and want to tell your friends about? Do you get excited scaling web and mobile applications to millions of users? Do you appreciate elegant solutions but also know when to build simple first and iterate? Capital One is seeking a Director of Software Engineering to lead, manage, mentor, and build an extremely talented software engineering team to deliver a game changing customer experience across all customer touch points. He/she must have the ability to attract and recruit the industry’s best talent, and simultaneously have the technical chops to ensure that what we build compelling, customer oriented solutions in an iterative methodology. Success in the role requires an innovative mind, a proven track record of delivering new consumer-facing software products, rigorous analytical skills, and a passion for creating market-leading software for millions of customers.
- Manage application/software development to deliver technology prototypes in support of business assessment
- Manage a broad portfolio of diverse technology projects to provide web, mobile, and integration solutions
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best application engineering talent
- Manage technology support teams to develop business applications, or ensure business applications have high availability and adequate performance, to include demonstrating year-over-year performance improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 10 years of SDLC experience using Java EE technologies for Middleware and Backend Integration
- At least 5 years of experience in developing RESTful APIs using Spring or Jersey deploying on public cloud
- At least 3 Year experience RDBMS, SQL, No-SQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or DynamoDB
- At least 5 years of experience leading other Software Engineers
- At least 5 years of experience in People Management with responsibilities of direct reports coaching, mentoring and performance management
- 5 years’ experience in Cloud technologies AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 5 years’ experience in Build and CICD technologies lSVN, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus or Sonar
- 5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance technologies ATDD, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, SoapUI and Postman
- 5 years’ experience in Unix Shell Scripting
- 5 years’ experience with HP Diagnostics, JMeter, Splunk, BlueStripe, CloudWatch or Zabbix
- 5 years’ experience with Agile methodologies Scrum, SAFe, and Kanban
- 3 years’ experience using scripting languages Ruby, Python or Perl
- 3 years’ experience with Open-Source or public GitHub projects
- Certified in Java, Spring or AWS technologies
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.