Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) – On Premise Cloud (OPCx) Disaster Recovery Delivery Senior Manager for our Raritan, NJ location to provide coordination, governance of the intake, assessment, verification of Disaster Recovery infrastructure plans, development of executive-level metrics and reporting on the status of the Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) – On Premise Cloud (OPCx) Disaster Recovery portfolio.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70.1 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 265+ Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 126,500 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Disaster Recovery Delivery Senior Manager will be highly skilled in Disaster Recovery (DR) infrastructure planning, recovery processes and associated enterprise application platforms with a passion to meet customer’s needs in the Healthcare industry. The role requires close collaboration with key stakeholders across all levels of the Johnson & Johnson organization in the planning, implementation, education of SDDC Disaster Recovery best practices and the strategic development of SDDC Disaster Recovery to support readiness.
The Disaster Recovery Delivery Senior Manager will provide leadership in coordinating, assessing, developing & communicating recovery environment requirements and plans associated to protect critical applications in the event that facilities or technology resources are unavailable due to an unforeseen disruption. This role will provide leadership between the technology groups and other company business units, emphasizing regular and direct communication with application support management. With minimal supervision, the Senior Manager will coordinate and facilitate SDDC DR business planning activities. The role is expected to interact with the GOC business units and support groups for the purpose of planning, translating business requirements into technical capability needs and maintaining the SDDC DR documentation. This responsibility includes creating business stakeholder SDDC Disaster Recovery Delivery forecasts which are reviewed, communicated and refined when appropriate. A strong disaster recovery or business continuity background is a necessary requirement for this position.
The role will be required to support the SDDC DR service level and inventory demand with the Capacity Management team. This individual will also partner and support with various sub-functions within SDDC Organization such as Architecture, Dev, Ops & Migration Factory to establish robust understanding of the current and future business needs.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Partner and collaborate with various J&J Business Unit IT teams (GOCs), DRI’s, Architects, IT shared services and other key business users to understand SDDC DR requirements and to establish SDDC DR protocols and requirements for critical application recovery.
- Coordinate and oversight of Disaster Recovery exercises, including planning, execution, post exercise activities, reporting and incident response plans.
- Assume a leadership role in developing, coordinating, and maintaining comprehensive business disaster recovery plans and recovery methodology, to ensure the ability to recover, in the event of an unforeseen disruption to facilities, technology systems, or applications.
- Coordinate the recovery plan development, review customer runbooks, outline DR process, establish/plan the DR rehearsal tests of each application landscape that are protected by the SDDC DR Service.
- Conduct DR audits, gap analysis, DR documentation review and new technology assessments with the goal of improving SDDC Disaster Recovery plans.
- Support and drive implementation of a long term strategy for disaster recovery services.
- Assist the SDDC team in enhancing, formalizing, and standardizing the business planning process, including forecasting and tracking mechanisms, across all business units, to facilitate timely accommodation of future requirements and opportunities.
- Work closely with key OPCx leads, Capacity and Intake, to monitor consumption of SDDC DR services and align SDDC Disaster Recovery demand with Capacity Management.
- Interface with SDDC Factory workload team on intake for migrations into the SDDC DR service
- Contribute and work with IT finance to align demand with the BVR and SDDC pricing framework that is in place.
- Provide Escalation Support as needed for SDDC Environments. aka "All Hands"
Role Impact: Looking for an enthusiastic talent with a passion for meeting customer needs by providing a first class experience to the customer in transitioning their data onto SDDC DR platform while effectively balancing demand planning and changing priorities. The right candidate will thrive in a customer-driven, fast-paced collaborative team environment, enthusiastically meet goals, and will be motivated by team accomplishment over individual accolades.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A Post Graduate Degree is preferred.
- At least 7-9 years of experience working on Enterprise IT Disaster Recovery projects, managing large-scale applications, recovery planning, process and technical delivery/deployments are required.
- At least 4-5 years of experience leading Disaster Recovery Delivery role with strong understanding of requirements gathering, analysis and translating business requirements into IT Infrastructure needs is required.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in Disaster Recovery best practices; Maturity and Methodology Models is required.
- Proficiency in explaining technologies effectively to customers, communicating technical concepts in non-technical terms, and, transferring technical knowledge to Fortune 500 / enterprise clients is required.
- Prior experience in supporting global operations and following Enterprise level process frameworks is required.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision, both written and verbal is required.
- Self-starter with strong teamwork abilities and customer service skills is required is required.
- Extreme focus, attention to detail and the ability to deliver high-quality solutions is required.
- 1-2+ years of experience in working in virtualization technology, Cloud Infrastructure & experience with VMWare vCloud platform is preferred.
- Experience in working in a DevOps or Scrum methodology using tools like JIRA is preferred.
- Position will require 10% international travel.
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.