Posted: January 17, 2017
Reference ID: 38731012
This position requires that the individual possesses knowledge of basic accounting principles, operational procedures, excellent computer (at least intermediate level Excel skills required) and communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to deal professionally with both internal and external business contacts. He/she will be responsible for reporting on project status and issue resolution to Disbursements Team managers as well as project managers and clients as applicable. He/she must be highly organized, have a great attention to detail, be self-motivated, possess the ability to meet deadlines and works well in a high pressure environment. This position also requires that all applicants pass a basic credit and background check.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Analyzes accounts and data for accuracy. This would include extracting data from the company database and running queries and filters on this data in excel to provide reports to management. Be able to offer a problem resolution and implementation plan. Reconcile and investigate any unexpected discrepancies.
• Apply for tax identification numbers from state and federal agencies and professionally respond to inquiries from these same agencies. Manage the application process to ensure that all required identification numbers are timely received. Follow up to ensure the process is completed by the target date.
• Maintains client and correspondence files.
• Prepare quarterly and yearly reconciliation reports for quarterly and yearly income tax reporting.
• Daily recording of time in company timekeeping system
• Confirm all posting of checks and other transactions to account records and investigate any unexplained discrepancies in account activity.
• Provides assistance and performs special projects and duties as assigned by the Senior Financial Analyst and/or Disbursement Team manager.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
The position requires Associate's degree from four-year college or university, with accounting graduates strongly preferred; or some college classes with two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Competencies (example below is for individual contributor positions)
Integrity - Behaves in an honest, fair and ethical manner; shows consistency in words and actions; does what she/he commits to doing; respects the confidentiality of information or concerns shared by others; is honest and forthright with people; carries his/her fair share of the workload; takes responsibility for own mistakes.
Client Focus - Takes action with the clients, both internal and external, and sees their needs as a primary focus; builds a sustaining collaborative and productive relationship with clients; seeks to understand client situations, issues, expectations, etc.; takes appropriate action to meet client needs and address concerns; implements or utilizes methods to monitor and evaluate client feedback.
Results-Driven - Sets stretch goals for personal and team accomplishment and works tenaciously to achieve those goals; acts with a sense of urgency; takes the initiative on actions; identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked; does more than what is normally required in a situation; establishes metrics to monitor progress and measure success; maintains focus by avoiding or overcoming roadblocks.
Entrepreneurial Orientation - Proposes innovative business opportunities/ideas to customers and business partners; encourages and supports entrepreneurial behavior in others; demonstrates willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business goals.
Decisiveness - Makes well-informed, effective and timely decisions even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; has the ability to make tough decisions.