At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Directly responsible for assisting the Department FLS in assignment and coordination and/or execution of daily work activities to ensure a productive workforce that supports all divisional, departmental, site and corporate goals while in accordance with the QA Manual, company policies and local, state and federal regulations. Perform all emergent E-0 planning of work packages for work to be performed by the respective Maintenance departments to ensure the plant is maintained in a safe, reliable, and efficient manner. Proactively monitor planning performance, maintain quality and standardization of work packages. Ensure planners support the work plan by providing first line supervisors with high-quality standardized work packages. Provide analysis and assist in developing recommendations to senior management to allow strategic decisions for improvement of the work planning process.
The Discipline Planner Supervisor will also function regularly as a backup FLS to support high workload times, vacations and outages (defined as when <50% of the normal day shift FLS are available).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Assist with Daily Shop Dispatch
- Performs assigned & all E-0 emergent Planning issue resolution. Ensure that all assigned activities are performed effectively and efficiently in accordance with plant procedures and local, state and federal regulations. Revise work instructions that provide direction to the Maintenance Department for maintenance repairs, performance of preventive maintenance and surveillances, and the implementation of modifications. Conduct field walk-downs as required. Interface with Work Management, Supply, and Engineering to identify and resolve work package issues. Review maintenance procedures to facilitate and enhance work package development, quality, and Maintenance direction.
- Review work packages for readiness as required. Verify work instructions are adequate and comply with all applicable station procedures including NSPs, NSWPs, ASME Code, etc. Review and approve all required work packages, including 10. CFR50. 59 screening or evaluation
- Assist FLS with afternoon or upcoming assignments.
- Functions as a fully qualified back-up FLS when < 50% normal dayshift FLS compliment is available. Effectively supervise craft personnel to ensure that all assigned maintenance activities are performed safely and effectively by qualified workers in accordance with plant procedures, NRC regulations, and the site schedule. Ensures department personnel are properly supervised, trained, and qualified to perform assignments, including emergency plan qualifications. Administer coaching, mentoring and performance management, including initiation of disciplinary action, for assigned employees.
- Maintain a log of activities, assignments, and improvements to review with Planning Manager and Supervisor on a period basis.
- Individual must possess a two-year technical degree with three to five years of maintenance related experience or a minimum of five years experience in the nuclear power plant operations or a minimum of four years experience in the craft discipline he/she supervises.
- At least three years of this experience must be in a planning function to support the E-0 duty requirement
- Must have completed a positive Leadership Assessment (FLS) and SLP class.
- Meet ANSI requirements for site Maintenance Supervisor
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making and planning skills.
- Demonstrated strong leadership potential and accountability.
- Four- year technical degree
- Previous Corrective Action / Root Cause Analysis Training
- Interface with local, state and federal agencies and INPO.
- Oversight of 5+ FTEs
- As a requirement of this job, incumbent must hold all qualifications current and function as a backup FLS as directed by management
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster