Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Discovery Toxicologist in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Discovery Toxicologist working on the growing Discovery Toxicology team, you will be empowered to leverage your deep insights into cellular and pathway mechanisms in order to provide expert advice and direction to improve the quality of therapeutics, and a typical day will include: OBJECTIVES
- As part of the Global Discovery Toxicology Team work in interdisciplinary teams within and across Global Safety to provide safety support to early discovery teams and engage in core activities within the Discovery Toxicology group
- Work as part of a team of safety assessment scientists and more broadly DMPK, pathology, pharmacology, and medicinal chemistry experts to implement discovery toxicology strategy to enable the selection and progression of optimized drug candidates
- Apply novel toxicity mechanism-based assays and integrated models to support early target safety and chemistry evaluation.
Qualifications: EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Provide pharmaceutical drug project teams with expert advice and direction to improve the quality of therapeutics selected for further development based on proactive risk assessment of target- and chemotype-related toxicities
- Develop comprehensive safety target reviews with risk mitigation plan for early drug discovery project teams based on literature, bioinformatics, and other predictive tools.
- Apply state of the art in silico and in vitro de-risking strategies to aid in the selection and optimization of large and small molecule therapeutics
- Lead the development of early hypothesis-driven investigation into mechanisms of toxicity for the proactive management of potential safety liabilities and communication of impact to teams
- Minimum of MS with 8 years of pharmaceutical experience or PhD in a scientific discipline with 5 years experience Industry and Post Doc.
- Passion to decrease safety related attrition in drug discovery
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work effectively in a matrix, global environment as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Broad scientific knowledge including pharmacology, toxicology, physiology and biochemistry.
- Experience in development across mixed modalities and an extensive knowledge in immunology and/or oncology is desired.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- DABT certification a plus, but not necessary
- DABT certification desirable
- Routine demands of an office based environment.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, 15%
Empowering Our People to Shine
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com
. Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.