As a Dispatch and Translations Specialist, you will be an integral part of workforce management through coordinating all field dispatch activities for install and maintenance related work. You’ll ensure customer commitments and internal objectives are met by verifying, monitoring and analyzing dispatch work activity and, when necessary, deploying field resources.
- Monitor all work activity and escalate as needed to ensure work is completed within set objectives.
- Coordinate and/or deploy resources as determined by priority of work on provisioning install orders, Pri 1 & 0, KPI tickets, maintenance tickets, alarms tickets and outages.
- Analyze network facilities and customer provided equipment (Routers, CSU, Modem, etc.) by using computerized test equipment to remotely isolate the repair problem.
- Monitor and track Services and Network Operations provisioning, maintenance and alarm work.
- Make risk assessments regarding the health of the Network based on standing alarms and other pertinent criteria.
- Contact internal and external customers (IXCs, CLECs, ILECs, vendors, etc.) to verify the site readiness, access availability, work activity and schedule maintenance.
- Effectively communicate using tact, courtesy and questioning techniques in frequently sensitive situations.
- Operate a computer and wear a headset while sitting at a workstation for an extended period of time.
- Knowledge of job related facility, equipment, inside and outside plant, tools, products, services, symbols, records, applicable techniques and applications.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
Weekly Rate: $620.40 - $1240.00
- The ability to perform basic switch programming in the DMS10, DMS100, 5ESS and GTD5 offices.
- Proficient in typing with detail and accuracy.
The hours of operation for the center are 24 x 7 with varying shifts. Work tours are based on union seniorty and rotate every 4 weeks with overtime as needed by the business.
Verizon Job Fit Test B
Dispatch & Translation Spec SI
Test Preview Test Previews
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.