Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Dispatch Coordinator- SimplexGrinnell
About the role
The qualified candidate will be integral in the continued success and growth of the district's service department.
• This position requires a high energy level, strong administrative skills with emphasis on organizational abilities, interpersonal communications, and customer service skills.
• Attention to detail and excellent communication skills are required.
• Candidate will perform a variety of customer service/dispatching and administrative duties required to receive, screen, record, prioritize, assign, and close customer requests for life safety systems inspections.
• Must have a positive attitude, ability to learn quickly, and able to work under pressure.
• Excellent administrative skills are a must.
• Proficiency with MS Word and Excel required, Oracle and web based platform systems experience preferred.
• Candidate will take ownership of service calls, escalating issues to supervisors and technicians as needed.
• Help reassign work as needed, making judgments based on current workloads & priorities.
• Contact customer to communicate status changes. Professionally field customer complaints and attempt to resolve, involving supervisor when necessary.
• Know and use formal and informal channels to achieve faster work results for the team.
• Exercise independent discretion and judgment to solve problems regarding the daily administrative requirements.
• Maintain and organize department records (both paper and electronic files).
Rewards and benefits
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who we're looking for:
• Associate's Degree, Certification, or proven equivalent professional administrative experience.
• 2 years administrative experience- Experience Dispatching a Plus.
• Experience in Fire and Security or other major industries a plus.
• Strong PC literacy, advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must pass a pre-employment background screen and drug test.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.