Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Supervises daily dispatch operations and tracking. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Oversees daily activities of the dispatch department, ensuring productivity and quality goals are met.
- Coordinates resolution of service orders and customer service issues.
- Manages live dispatch as well as GPS and MAS data input.
- Supervises processing of all paperwork, including billing backlog.
- Communicates and enforces company policies and procedures and develops and implements safety briefings.
- Coordinates container tracking, container placement, and driver safety.
- Compiles and analyzes maintenance reports.
- Coordinates schedules and monitors performance of staff, and arranges for training as needed.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including coaching, training, and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 19 full-time employees, including:
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
- Experience: 4 years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Dispatching and driver management and general supervisory skills required.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."