Work together with drivers and supervisors to create the most effective delivery route and schedule. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Coordinating / maintaining the airport dispatch board, ensuring that all special delivery instructions are highlighted
- Monitoring WorldSTAR screen 51 / 52 and dispatching accordingly, including confirming special delivery instructions are advised.
- Monitoring WorldSTAR screen 53 to ensure that freight is recovered in a timely manner.
- Assigning driver's names in WorldSTAR screen 62 for exports.
- Monitoring department / drivers for shipment drops to the airport and logging all Master Air Waybills.
- Monitoring drivers to ensure pick ups and deliveries are made in a timely manner.
- Reviewing and monitoring discrepancies daily, ensuring that cold chain is managed if necessary.
- Monitoring and maintaining cold chain for all shipments on FDA hold.
- Answering phones and providing directions to drivers when necessary.
- Ensuring that all SOPs and policies are followed.
- Reporting all complaints and issues to management immediately.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- General knowledge of the airport and surrounding area
- Excellent communication skills and a team player
- Sense of urgency
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to multi task