More information about this job:OVERVIEW:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Sysco Montana is located at: 1509 Monad Road,Billings,MT,59101 JOB SUMMARY
Dispatches delivery drivers and provides driver and customer support. At times may adjust schedules for workers, equipment, and/or service vehicles for the conveyance of materials and products. Maintain communications with all interested parties throughout the delivery process to insure and facilitate the best possible product delivery and service. Update information and systems as required.
This job must be carried out in compliance with all Sysco Corporation Business Conduct and Ethics Standards, policies, and procedures as well as all Federal, State, and Local laws, including the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act of 2002. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES & TASKS
(list in order):
- Timely dispatches drivers each morning, assuring that each driver has the correct invoices and all drivers depart terminal in a timely manner.
- Completes Absentee and Tardy Forms. Makes necessary data input into E-Time and ABC pay systems.
- Provides driver and customer support via incoming phone calls to transportation department.
- Maintains records and status in OBC, driver daily record of status records (DOT Logs), and driver Manifest records.
- Designates vehicles according to factors, such as length and purpose of trip, freight, passenger requirements, preference of user, or other factors.
- May makes route adjustments or accommodations for deliveries, based on time of departure, destination, and expected time of return.
- May direct activities of drivers, using two-way radio or other communication and investigate overdue vehicles.
- May confer with customers to expedite or locate missing, misrouted, or delayed routes, or damaged merchandise.
- Maintain record of mileage, fuel used, repairs made, and other expenses. May also coordinate the issue of equipment to drivers, such as hand trucks, dollies, and blankets.
- Other projects and responsibilities, as assigned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.