The Dispatcher performs dispatching and clerical support duties for the department. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
* Receives documents, prioritizes and coordinates service requests such as patient transport, maintenance requests, non-routine housekeeping, nutrition services and late trays.
* Dispatches service workers to complete service requests.
* Determines and schedules service requests according to urgency and keeps records of requests and services rendered.
* Receives check-in calls from service workers by radio, telephone or in person, and may maintain records.
* May assign service workers and/or drivers to transport customers to their desired location within or off-site of the facility.
* May requisition supplies for maintenance and clerical workers.
* May direct or coordinate activities of drivers and/or service workers using a two-way radio or telephone.
* May confer with customers and/or service workers to expedite the completion of the service request.
* Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service and problem resolution.
* Complies with all Sodexo HACCP/OSHA, and/ or local policies and procedures related to all assigned work.
* Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
* Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
* Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
* Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
* May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* /Job Qualifications:/*
* High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
* 1 year experience in hospital or extended care facility.
* Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
* Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
* Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
* Ability to use a computer.
* Modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
* Basic record-keeping techniques.
* Operation of a two-way radio and standard office machines.
* Telephone techniques and etiquette.
* Learn and apply applicable department rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
* Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
* Type at an acceptable rate of speed.
* Ability to maintain routine records.
* Ability to analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
* Ability to operate standard office equipment.
*Certifications: * None
* Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
* Maturity of judgment and behavior.
* Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
* Maintains a positive attitude.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
* Must comply with any dress code requirements.
* Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
* Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
* Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
* Significant walking or other means of mobility.
* Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
* Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
*/Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):/*
* Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
* Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Sodexo is committed to upholding the spirit and principles of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the 1998 amendment to the Act. If, due to a disability, you require a reasonable accommodation to navigate this site and/or complete the on-line application process, please contact SodexoFrontlineApplicationSupport.USA@sodexo.com for assistance. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.