Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary Communicates back and forth with Waste Management Drivers to assist with problem resolution while on route for residential, commercial and roll-off lines of business. Handles incoming service orders, directs drivers, and resolves service issues. Interacts with customers that includes Waste Management customer service, sales, and operational staff (i.e. Route Managers, Mechanics etc.). Uses Waste Management proprietary software to enter ticket information and track activity. Shifts vary from 2:45AM to approximately 6:30PM with the potential for overtime and Saturday hours depending on particular site needs. Some travel (up to 15%) may be required.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Dispatches drivers to customers as the requests are received, using information on customer needs, drivers' locations and loads, and other applicable factors as a means of balancing cost and speed of response
- Works with routing specialists, route managers, and other internal auxillary departments to optimize routes to ensure we are meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Fields incoming calls and e-mails from internal and external customers
- Manages and prioritizes a large amount of service requests daily with a sense of urgency
- Initiates real-time outbound calls to customers with issue resolution without service interruption
- Troubleshoots and resolves potential problems with service requests before they result in service issues
- Ensures service requests are completed within internal defined standards by coordinating Driver movement in the field
- Records and documents information from Drivers and distributes to appropriate departments
- Communicates with maintenance shop personnel and serves as an emergency point of contact
- May be assigned responsibility for routing duties
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
This job has no supervisory duties.
IV. Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Required: High school diploma or G.E.D and a minimum of 6 months of related work experience
Education Preferred: Associates or Bachelor's Degree in related field
Experience Preferred: Additional or specialized training in transportation, logistics, or similar area of study; customer service experience in a call-center environment
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Computer skills with ability to handle multiple programs and systems
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally via e-mail, telephone, and 2 way devices
- Must have the desire and ability to learn Waste Management proprietary software applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite with intermediate level in Excel.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced high volume environment
- Proven ability to meet and exceed metric based goals
- Strong communication skills and works effectively within a team environment
- Strong typing ability preferred at 45 WPM
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day ;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely ;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely ;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely ;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.