The Surface development team is seeking qualified candidates to design develop and integrate displays by closely working with external display partners and internal engineering teams to deliver the best experience to our customers. In this role based, you will assist and drive supplier and technology selection, help define display specification, and work with internal and external display partners from start to manufacturing. You will closely collaborate and partner with Tier1, Tier2 development partners and monitor development cycle, root cause and troubleshoot issues and ensure MP readiness.
Job responsibilities include –
• Supporting and driving design, development and Mass production of display panels, modules.
• Supplier technology assessment, RFQ follow up and design evaluation using DFMEA, PFMEA methods.
• Assessing open-cell technology, Component and system, sub-system design and process readiness for Mass production
• Closely collaborate and partner with external partners in driving new technology, material, and product development.
• Closely work with touch display development partners in yield enhancement and process improvement
• Support/drive root cause analysis, Corrective actions with a rigorous and structured approach. Provide direction, Design of Experiments (DOE), plan to internal and external teams.
• Driving next generation, state of the art display design integration, sub-system and system assembly, in-cell touch, plastic OLED, FPC- ACF, Chip On Flex - interconnects, Optical bonding.
• Define, develop & update specifications. Defining Critical to Quality/Function/Reliability (CTX).
Qualification summary -
• BS in Electrical, Mechanical, Material or Optics Engineering with 15+ years hands-on experience in display design, process development, process control or mass production
MS in Electrical, Mechanical, Material or Optics Engineering with 10+ years hands-on experience in display design, process development, process control or mass production
• e2e product development cycle with successful high-volume product launches
• Strong background in electrical, mechanical engineering, Touch panels, display integration
• Must be able to handle multiple projects, programs and tactical and strategic development efforts without supervision
• Detail oriented, excellent analytical skills, hands on problem solving skills
• Demonstrated 10+ year experience in
– LCM Panel design and manufacturing processes (Oxide, LTPS, a-Si, Gate in panel, in cell touch)
– Backlight component manufacturing and BLU assembly; Plastic OLED design, materials, processing, testing and validation
– Quality and reliability assessment and interpretation, driving Root cause/Corrective actions, materials analysis and characterization
– Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis for optimizing process
• Excellent written, oral communication skills
• Fluency in Korean, Japanese.
• 50% traveling in Asia
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.