Dispute Management Analyst
The Dispute Resolution Analyst is responsible for investigating, researching and resolving outstanding Accounts Receivable items that have not been paid due to a customer disputes arising from a billing, shipping or other related type of error. This role will provide support to the Collections Team and Cash Applications Team to resolve disputed AR items quickly towards reducing aged AR balances and providing excellent customer service. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following:
- Evaluate, research, and monitor disputed items with internal and external customers.
- Contact customers regarding invoicing and payment discrepancies for dispute resolution. Demonstrate effective decision making skills and open communication with customers.
- Identify research and resolve unsupported disputes and payments with our external customers.
- Maintain contact with customers and AR Collectors in order to address and resolve all dispute issues timely.
- Monitor and run appropriate reports to monitor Accounts Receivable disputes.
- Correct errors, including misapplied payments, reversed late charges and over payments.
- Document and log conversations, e-mails and other communications.
- Organize documentation to facilitate follow-up efforts.
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain workload and department metrics.
- Maintain quality relationships with other departments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Candidate must possess strong problem solving, research, and decision making skills.
- Proficient analytical skills, including trend analysis and root cause identification.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are essential with all levels of management and departments.
- Must have strong computer skills, work efficiently under time constraints and perform with a high degree of accuracy .
The successful candidate will possess:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Good organizational and people skills.
- The ability to adapt to a rapidly-changing environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Accounts Receivable or related functions.
- Collection, deduction management or cash applications experience a plus.
- Experience with Accounting / ERP systems a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office -Excel, Word. PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Attention to detail with ability to organize and prioritize workflow.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures properly in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to leverage research tools to execute sound decisions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
The work environment is an office setting.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.