Move your Career forward with Airgas as a Dispute Resolution Specialist in Independence, OH!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel.
As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations. GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Division Dispute Resolution Specialist is responsible for investigating, researching, and resolving outstanding Accounts Receivable (AR) items that have not been paid due to a customer disputes arising from a billing, shipping or other related type of error. This position will work with internal team members in Sales, Collections and Cash Applications to quickly resolve disputed AR items while providing excellent customer service. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Responsible for managing customer disputes and prioritizing work to ensure disputes are resolved as efficiently and accurately as possible.
- Contacts customers regarding invoicing and payment discrepancies for dispute resolution. Demonstrate effective decision making skills and open communication with customers.
- Utilizes research tools and critical thinking to i dentify and resolve unsupported disputes and payments with our external customers.
- Maintains contact with both internal and external customers in order to address and resolve all dispute issues timely.
- Provides direction to correct errors, including misapplied payments, reversed late charges and over payments.
- Maintains quality relationships with other departments.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in an office environment with customer facing activities, internal or external. In lieu of experience, a Bachelors degree in a business related field will be considered. Accounts receivable or billing experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to analyze and disseminate large amounts of data. Advanced analytical skills, including trend analysis and root cause identification.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook as well as a demonstrated ability to utilize financial applications within ERP software (i.e. SAP, Oracle).
- Exhibits customer focused behavior such as building positive relationships and strives to understand customer's needs, both internal and external. Team player with the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals and willingness to perform cross functional duties.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills with the ability to make independent decisions based on investigation and judgment as well as ability to discern when to escalate issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to adjust communication method based on customer situation.
- A positive approach and willingness to learn coupled with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience integrating new technologies into day-to-day operations. Vision, creativity and a quality mindset.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Employee is frequently required to talk and/or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires use of computer, telephone and operation of a motor vehicle.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a normal office environment.
NOTE: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility nor does it imply an employment agreement. Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.