Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Position Description Primary Function
The Distribution Center Associate- Inbound- Night Shift performs tasks associated with the receipt, storage, and shipment of product while meeting productivity, quality, safety, behavioral and attendance expectations. Effectively and efficiently uses established procedures, tools, equipment, and technologies to complete transactions related to inbound and outbound processes with a distribution center Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safely perform assigned warehouse functions utilizing established processes, procedures and tools while meeting performance expectations for productivity, quality, safety and attendance.
- Functions may include, but are not limited to unloading, put-away, sorting, labeling, picking, packing, replenishing, auditing, shipping, making boxes, etc.
- Complies with Grainger policies, guidelines and procedures as well as state and federal regulations, OSHA and Hazardous Material requirements in the storage, handling and movement of product.
- Performs necessary housekeeping duties in order to maintain a clean, safe, organized work environment.
- Actively participates in process improvements by utilizing Grainger's quality system.
Essential Functions and Requirements:
- Must be able to tolerate an environment with exposure to heat, cold, noise, dust and work around moving equipment.
- Able to meet productivity, quality, safety, and attendance requirements, including overtime as required.
- Able to do continuous lifting up to 75 pounds and be able to operate warehouse vehicles and material handling equipment.
- Operate PIE as required. PIE equipment could include Crown, Pacer, Reach Truck, Order Picker, Barrett and Turret Truck.
- Must be able to work at various elevated stations throughout the DC.
- Able to operate computerized scanning equipment.
- Able to work in a team environment.
Position Requirements: Preferred Education & Experience:
- Must have a minimum of 6-12 months warehouse or related experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Night Time Shift Hours:
- Hourly compensation: $16.94
- Night Time Shift Differential: $0.50
- Must be available to work from 7:00PM - 3:30AM or 8:00PM - 4:30AM
This position reports directly to a Distribution Center Supervisor and/or Process Manager, and has regular interaction with other associates. Impact:
The efficiency and effectiveness of this position directly impacts customer satisfaction and profitability. Position must operate in compliance with OSHA and Hazardous Materials guidelines.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.