DePuy Synthes Spine is currently recruiting four Distribution Associate I's located in Bridgewater, MA for 1st Shift.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
DePuy Synthes Spine is the Spine business offering a comprehensive portfolio of spinal care solutions for the treatment of the most simple to the most complex spine disorders using traditional and minimally invasive techniques.
The Distribution Associate I – 1st Shift will perform the following primary tasks for assigned areas within the Distribution Center:
- Receiving (data entry, deliveries and unloading)
- Packaging (bag and tag, set-up, labels, bulk counting, repackaging and kits)
- Warehouse (systems, replenishment, put-away, order selector, Drexel and inventory control)
- Shipping (order picking, order checking and packing and order shipping)
- ExpressCare (Sterilizer, kit processing, shipping and setting reservations)
- Post Sterile Inspection (inspection, shrink-wrap, and data entry)
- Parts and Raw Materials (work order fulfillment, inventory control, raw material processing)
- Credit Return (return processing, put-away, data entry)
- International Shipping (order picking, order checking and packaging, orders shipping, Drexel and order selector)
The Distribution Associate I will be trained to work in any of the areas listed above with an emphasis on becoming proficient in at least 2 of the 9 areas the associate is assigned.
In addition, there are 4 support areas. The Distribution Associate must show proficiency in at least one of the following four:
- Order Selector
- Data Entry
- Chemical Etching
The Distribution Associate must also demonstrate the ability to comprehend work assigned and work independently in at least one of the groups of primary tasks (Receiving, Packaging, Shipping, Stores Control or Express Care). Focus will be placed on teamwork through participation in cross-training. Additionally, this individual will participate in team-based activities and will be expected to perform projects as required by the business. DePuy Synthes Spine is currently recruiting four Distribution Associate I's located in Bridgewater, MA for 1st Shift.
- A minimum of a High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 3 months of experience in a Distribution or Warehouse environment is required.
- Experience in a Logistics, Supply Chain and/or Manufacturing environment is required.
- Certification or the willingness to become certified as a Forklift Operator is preferred.
- Experience in a FDA and/or GMP regulated environment is preferred.
- Experience utilizing and understanding Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) is required.
- Experience utilizing systems such as SAP, JDE, PPG, PRMS/AS400 or MARC is required.
- The ability to lift up to 25 pounds on a repetitive basis, push/pull up to 50 pounds and stand and/or walk more than 75% of the time are required.
- The ability to operate powered material and handling equipment (i.e. forklift, powered pallet jack) is preferred.
- The ability to communicate in English effectively is required.
- The ability to understand simple arithmetic is required.
- Prior experience with Domestic and/or International shipping and receiving, warehousing activities, sterile inspection, parts and raw materials and/or credit returns preferred.
- Must be able to work 1st shift, 40 hours, Monday through Friday (7:00 AM – 3:30 pm). This position requires the ability to work overtime, holidays and weekends as necessary.
DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc. (6032)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.