DePuy Synthes Spine is recruiting for a Distribution Associate I, located in Bridgewater, MA. Work hours will be 2nd Shift (3:00pm-11:30pm).
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
DePuy Synthes Spine is the Spine business offering a comprehensive portfolio of spinal care solutions for the treatment of the most simple to the most complex spine disorders using traditional and minimally invasive techniques.
Johnson & Johnson Customer & Logistics Services (CLS) is a global Supply Chain organization that supports operating units across all of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. CLS strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience through leading critical customer facing-functions such as distribution and transportation. In addition, CLS oversees critical business enablers, including how we gather and manage supply chain master data, safe and secure supply chain practices, product identification standards, and market/channel access capabilities. CLS supports all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson: Medical Device & Diagnostics, Pharmaceutical, and Consumer Products. This team is represented in multiple countries, and continues to grow globally in both visibility and responsibility. The CLS team reports to Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain and partners closely with groups throughout the supply chain organization.
Distribution Associate I – 2nd Shift Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate the ability to comprehend work assigned and work independently in at least one of the groups of primary tasks (Receiving, Packaging, Shipping, Stores Control or Express Care)
• Train to work in any of the areas listed below with an emphasis on becoming proficient in at least 2 of the 9 areas the associate is assigned
• Receiving (data entry, deliveries and unloading)
• Packaging (bag and tag, set-up, labels, bulk counting, repackaging and kits)
• Warehouse (systems, replenishment, put-away, order selector, Drexel and inventory control)
• Shipping (order picking, order checking and packing and order shipping)
• ExpressCare (Sterilizer, kit processing, shipping and setting reservations)
• Post Sterile Inspection (inspection, shrink-wrap, and data entry)
• Parts and Raw Materials (work order fulfillment, inventory control, raw material processing)
• Credit Return (return processing, put-away, data entry)
• International Shipping (order picking, order checking and packaging, orders shipping, Drexel and order selector)
• Demonstrate proficiency in at least one of the following four support areas: Order Selector, Drexel, Data Entry, and/or Chemical Etching
• Exhibit teamwork through participation in cross-training
• Participate in team-based activities and perform projects as required by the business
• Minimum of High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required
• Minimum of three (3) months of experience in a Distribution or Warehouse environment required
• Experience in a Logistics, Supply Chain and/or Manufacturing environment required
• Certification, ability and/or the willingness to become certified as a Forklift Operator and operate powered material and handling equipment preferred
• Experience in a FDA and/or GMP regulated environment preferred
• Experience utilizing and understanding Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) required
• Experience utilizing ERP or WMS systems such as SAP, JDE, PPG, PRMS/AS400, or MARC preferred
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds on a repetitive basis, push/pull up to 50 pounds and stand and/or walk more than 75% of the time required
• Ability to communicate in English effectively required
• Ability to understand simple arithmetic required
• Experience with Domestic and/or International shipping and receiving, warehousing activities, sterile inspection, parts and raw materials and/or credit returns preferred
• Ability to work 2nd shift, 40 hours, Monday through Friday (3:00 pm–11:30pm), with overtime, holidays and weekends required
• Position requires working in Bridgewater, MA
DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc. (6032)
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.