For more than 100 years, Praxair has taken something as fundamental as air and turned it into ways to make steel cheaper, hydrocarbons more accessible, chemical plants safer and more efficient, and health care more effective and more widely available– in short, to supply more goods and services to more people around the world.
Praxair is a Fortune 300 company with products and technology that impact more than 20 different industries. We’re one of the world’s largest industrial gases businesses, and you see our work every day, often without realizing it.
POSITION QUALIFICATION SUMMARY:
As a Global Operations Excellence team, we work with internal Bulk and Package Gas Distribution organizations and internal Customer Gas Storage Systems organizations globally to create unified teams with the goal to maximize profitability through application of global expertise. Our mission is to expedite replication of best practices, execution of new technologies and the development of a diverse workforce.
As a Distribution Engineering and Supply Chain Specialist, you’ll take the lead as you provide analytical and project support to distribution and supply chain partners, using the appropriate analytical tools to generate insight and options that support global safety, reliability and productivity targets.
This position develops long-term supply chain network solutions which include fill zone operations, transportation and customer delivery components. You will coordinate distribution and customer supply system value streams to have the capacity to meet growth requirements while minimizing capital investment. To achieve this, you will provide analytical support and cost analysis to direct activities and decisions within the supply chain to support best in class and global replication initiatives. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Qualifications: (Salary and Job Level Commensurate with Experience) Basic
- Develop strategies for the deployment of “Best in Class” programs worldwide. Identify new programs to be developed based on potential benefits and global applicability.
- Interface with business leaders for current and future programs and to support local initiatives including financial benefit analysis and regional challenges.
- Monitor commitment, activities and progress of project, taking appropriate steps to ensure project objectives are met.
- Develop and maintain a communication plan with key Stakeholders, including business users, external business partners and Senior Leadership.
- Work with R&D, Safety and Advanced Analytical Teams on new technology analysis and deployment
- Develop into a subject matter expert in the areas of distribution, logistics, supply chain and gas delivery systems
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or quantitative field (e.g. economics, statistics)
- 5 or more years' relevant experience (e.g. engineering, analysis, project management, distribution)
- Basic knowledge of design codes and standards, such as ASME, NFPA, DOT, and CGA
- Ability to analyze large, complex data sets; develop/utilize analytics tools (Excel, Access, VBA, Tableau, OBIEE etc.)
- Experience with distribution and customer supply systems and designs
- Knowledge of logistics or distribution planning systems
- Ability to travel 15-20% of the time (domestic and international) - travel tends to be concentrated in 2-3 week blocks
- Experience planning, leading, and managing projects
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics or similar quantitative field (e.g. econ, statistics)
- 10 or more years' relevant experience (e.g. engineering, analysis, project management)
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.