DePuy Synthes is recruiting for a Distribution Lead for its Bridgewater, MA facility
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
DePuy Synthes Spine is the Spine business offering a comprehensive portfolio of spinal care solutions for the treatment of the most simple to the most complex spine disorders using traditional and minimally invasive techniques.
This Distribution Lead position primarily performs domestic shipping tasks including order picking, order checking and packing, and order shipping. Machines and equipment used includes pallet jacks (electric and manual), fork trucks, manual material-moving equipment, computers, shipping machines, shrink wrap machine, etchers, sealers, scales and various other small business equipment tools.
In addition, associates should have a working knowledge of Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Task Procedures and Work Instructions, and business manufacturing systems. Associates will be expected to perform projects as required.
This person will create and actively pursue a team-based non-threatening environment designed to promote teamwork and open exchange of ideas. Ensure cross shift participation. Frequently identify and communicate progress and areas of improvement to associates. They will also train lower level associates on those tasks that they have acquired proficiency. They will create an achievement environment and promote innovation and continuous learning to other associates
This person will communicate problems and potential solutions to supervisor, technician, engineer and incoming production shifts, as well as ensure associates adhere to process and company procedures through training and the establishment of consistent counseling guidelines. They will be delegating work of others, gather information and complete reports as requested. They will assist in the hiring and review process, help schedule overtime, work assignments and vacations, move associates to level workloads and meet daily production requirements.Qualifications
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED is required. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience is required.
- A minimum of 3 months of experience in a Distribution or Warehouse environment is required.
- Experience in a Logistics, Supply Chain and/or Manufacturing environment is required.
- Experience utilizing systems such as SAP, JDE, and MARC is required.
- Experience in a FDA and/or GMP regulated environment is preferred.
- Experience utilizing and understanding Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) is required.
- Experience with domestic shipping is preferred.
- Certification or the willingness to become certified as a Forklift Operator is required.
- The ability to lift up to 25 pounds on a repetitive basis, push/pull up to 50 pounds and stand and/or walk more than 75% of the time are required.
- The ability to operate powered material and handling equipment (i.e. powered pallet jack) is required.
- The ability to read, speak, and write in English effectively is required.
- The ability to understand simple arithmetic is required.
- This position requires the ability to work overtime, holidays and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in multiple primary and support tasks is required.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment with all interactive groups (ex. Subordinates, management, and engineers) is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others is required.
- Ability to demonstrate a broad understanding of distribution flow and entire shipping/receiving process is required.
- Ability to supervise and coach associates through basic performance problems is required.
- Ability to coordinate department workflow is required
DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc. (6032)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.