Airgas, an Air Liquide company is Now Hiring Distribution Manager in Santa Fe Springs, CA
Are Safety, Ethics and Excellent Customer Service important to you?
Are you intrigued by supporting customers in aerospace, hospitals, labs, universities, manufacturing, etc?
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hard goods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment! Position Summary:
The role of the Distribution Manager is to handle all trucking and distribution functions for the specific location. Supervises and coordinates activities of all dispatchers, drivers, field service personnel and truck maintenance. Essential Job Functions:
- Must lead within the Airgas culture - putting safety first.
- R esponsible for the overall Safety, Quality, Service and Cost control of Distribution team.
- Manages all Class A and Class B licensed personnel in accordance with company policies by hiring, training, motivating, planning and directing work, managing performance and resolving associate issues so that assigned performance targets are met or exceeded.
- Works with the regional safety officer to coordinate the procedures required for compliance with OSHA, DOT, EPA, FDA, and state and local regulations and Union agreements.
- Creates, implements and revises, as needed, standard operational practices.
- Responsible for all truck and forklift maintenance.
- M aintaining all drivers files and maintenance records in accordance with federal/state regulations.
- Represents company in response to traffic violations; handles accident reporting for fleet.
- Works closely with internal customers to ensure customer needs are met in a timely manner.
- Ensures safety rules are strictly observed & safety training is regularly scheduled, conducted & documented, correct unsafe practices or conditions without delay, promote safety awareness of employees and create a mechanism in which the supervisors are actively participating and held accountable.
- Ensures all accidents and/or injuries are reported within 24 hours and properly investigated.
- Co mply with all Airgas safety rules and company policies.
- Leads daily safety meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experiences, Certificates/Licenses and/or Registrations:
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be customer service oriented and able to interact with the public in a professional manner.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs and management expectations.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and be detailed-oriented with good organizational skills.
- Must have good math skills; ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages; ability to handle cash transactions accurately.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple tasks.
- Pre-employment and random drug testing applies.
- Possess conceptual understanding of industrial gas products, production, distribution applications and equipment.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and lean manufacturing practices desired.
- Significant training in Safety and Compliance (OSHA, DOT, EPA, FDA)
- Compliance with applicable federal, state, local regulatory procedures (CGMP, DOT, OSHA, FDA)
- Must have extensive coordination experience in a multi team environment.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office suite of applications - Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with SAP software desired.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required:
- Must have a High School Diploma; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5 years of experience in industrial gas/packaged gas industry plant environment, petrochemical, or related industries in operations.
- Minimum 2 years in supervisory role.
- Strong knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
- Strong comprehension of MSDS and other OSHA regulations
While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit for long periods and stand to perform work. The associate is required to reach with hands and arms, smell, talk or hear. The associate must be able to lift, push, pull or move up to thirty (50) pounds or more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy and the associate may be exposed to extreme weather. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas.
- F ully enclosed shoes or safety shoes must we worn in designated areas.
- Safety glasses must be worn in designated areas.
- Must use other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.