- Lead team of 15 to 30 hourly associates with varying levels of experience and education
- Responsible for people and team development, quality performance, cost, service and safety
- Develop individuals and the team to solve operational issues
- Motivate the team to achieve performance targets
- Organize and facilitate team meetings to achieve continuous improvement process
- Coach team members to use the process and facilitate problem solving on the floor
- Job level will vary based on experience and scope of role
- Interface with product direct delivery customers; vend customers and Frito-Lay Sales associates
- Confirm that orders pulled by salesmen exactly match the shipment documents
- Managing daily crewing to meet business requirements
- Assigning work to the Warehouse team
- Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
- Maintain updated delivery templates for all routes
- Maintain current product profiles
- Maintain and Manage DOT programs and Training
- Manage Inventory levels and placement to meet sales targets
- Develop and execute annual/quarterly service targets and objectives
- Perform daily production shift reconciliation and make necessary adjustments
- Perform and enforce policies and practices
This position will reside in & support the Central Gulf Zone. The Facility Operations Manager has accountability for all operations functions within assigned facility(s). Position responsibilities are to ensure that People, Service, and Cost objectives are met while managing facility, fleet, and inventory management operations within the facility. This includes:
Qualifications/Requirements Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Manage a 6-7 day per week, 12-16 hour per day operation.
- Provide leadership in the management of multiple warehouse teams of 15-20 warehouse employees, 1-2 Lead Warehousers.
- Develop and execute a training plan to ensure technical, teamwork, and problem solving skill development.
- Manage Facility spending within the planned budget, to include period forecasting across all fixed and variable accounts. Achieve flat cost per case performance year over year to drive Zone and Region profit growth.
- Guide all aspects of the product supply process to ensure consistent product availability without inventory overages. Provide leadership to ensure cross-functional partnering in product planning for all normal and promotional activity.
- Ensure that all inventory transactions are properly executed to maintain inventory controls at expected levels.
- Ensure that all facilities are maintained at expected sanitation and facility maintenance levels.
- Develop and execute an annual capital investment strategy that addresses facility needs while ensuring capability for continued business growth
- Ensure regulatory compliance (OSHA, DOT, FDA, EPA) in all locations.
- Degree preferably in Business, Operations Management, Logistics, or related major
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Highly motivated self starter
- Project management skills
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment with the ability to make tradeoff decisions quickly
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Ability to lead a team based approach to decision making
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results oriented, challenging environment
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Authorized to work in United States on a permanent basis
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Willingness to work off shifts, weekends, & holidays
Must pass a drug screen and background investigation Relocation Eligible
Eligible for Limited Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.