Praxair Distribution, Inc., a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services & technologies is seeking a Distribution Supervisor for our facility located in Houston, TX.
The Distribution Supervisor will be responsible for coordinating and dispatching of daily routes for 10 product delivery trucks. Distribution Supervisor
- Provides leadership and direction for day-to-day operations through a team of supervisors and direct employees
- Responsible for reliability of supply to our customers and ensuring that all deliveries comply with FDA standards as well as Praxair's quality assurance system
- Ensures the delivery of packaged & cryogenic products meet internal/external customer requirements
- Trains the Distribution Team in all aspects of Praxair Safety & Quality systems & requirements
- Monitors distribution efficiencies and manpower to ensure customer demands are met
- Responsible for Safety training and evaluations, including leading accident investigations.
- Controls costs by evaluating shipments, consolidating loads, and selecting most cost-efficient method of shipment
- Drives productivity to maximize distribution capabilities and operational efficiencies
- Provides job training that fosters career development and growth
- Ensures all HAZMAT and Driver Load documents are complete and filed
- May assist in planning work assignments in accordance with employee performance, capacity, production schedules, and anticipated delays.
- College Degree Strongly Preferred, HS Diploma is required
- Prior DOT experience is required
- Minimum 2 years Leadership experience
- Minimum 2 years Distribution, Logistics, or Transportation experience
- Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations with great interpersonal skills
- Knowledgeable of regulatory agency requirements including, but not limited to, FDA, DOT, OSHA, and EPA.
- Experience working in a Union environment
- Strong reasoning and proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to motivate teams and manage conflict
- Basic PC skills
- Ability to access all levels and areas of the facility
- Ability to interpret and understand DOT and internal compliance policies and procedures and relate them to others
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.