Praxair Distribution, Inc., a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services & technologies is seeking a Distribution Supervisor for our facility located in Signal Hill, CA. Distribution Supervisor
- Accountable for scheduling of drivers, route planning and statistics gathering
- Ensures all HAZMAT and Driver Load documents are complete and filed
- Responsible for reliability of supply to our customers and ensuring that all deliveries comply with FDA standards as well as Praxair's quality assurance system
- Audits inventory to ensure that product adjustments are properly applied
- Maintains and verifies work order summary to ensure all shipments are met in a timely manner
- Responsible for Safety training and evaluations, including leading accident investigations.
- May assist in planning work assignments in accordance with employee performance, capacity, production schedules, and anticipated delays.
- Ensures facility is opened in a timely manner and is properly staffed
- Controls costs by evaluating shipments, consolidating loads, and selecting most cost-efficient method of shipment
- Acts as liaison between customers, freight carriers and shipping department
- High School Diploma Or GED
- College Degree Strongly Preferred
- Prior DOT experience is required
- Minimum 2 years Leadership experience
- Minimum 2 years Distribution, Logistics, or Transportation experience
- Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations with great interpersonal skills
- Strong reasoning and proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to motivate teams and manage conflict
- Basic PC skills
- Ability to access all levels and areas of the facility
- Ability to interpret and understand DOT and internal compliance policies and procedures and relate them to others
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the fact or perception of their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, marital status, disability status, weight, height, AID/HIV status, or protected veteran status.
During the performance of a Contract with the City of Los Angeles, the Contractor will provide equal benefits to its employees with spouses and its employees with domestic partners. Questions should be addressed to the City of Los Angeles - Department of Public Works (Ph. 213-847-2625).
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.