Key Responsibilities Include:
• District Business Manager (DBM) will lead sales professionals to deliver strong performance for ELIQUIS in a highly competitive market.
• Individual in this role will translate strategy to action, creating and setting a vision for the team, and building a productive and innovative team culture.
• DBM will develop, communicate and execute business plan for District.
• Must understand and be able to explain the brand’s strategies and translate national/regional plans to business plans for the District and territories.
• DBM will set goals and expectations of performance, set priorities, and ensure appropriate targeting and allocation of resources.
• DBM will also utilize data to analyze business trends and enhance district plans and goals by providing direction to representatives on relevant growth opportunities.
• Individual will also model, coach and provide feedback on messaging and selling skills to enhance impact of representatives in engaging customers.
• They will serve as a resource for District product and disease state knowledge. • Responsible for effectively and consistently managing individual and District performance, taking accountability, and taking appropriate actions, when necessary.
• DBM must also be focused on developing themselves as well as their team to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles.
• DBM must have a deep understanding of the healthcare market, including reimbursement environment, competitors, and local market dynamics and issues related to both hospital and retail markets.
• They will be expected to build strong relationships and network with key decision makers, local opinion leaders, and stakeholders to support business needs and sales objectives.
• Must understand and comply with all laws, regulations and policies.
• Individual will serve as a member of Region Leadership Team, and will be expected to provide strategic and local perspective and insights, contributing to region-level issues and initiatives.
• Individual will work collaboratively across matrix sales organization to appropriate address customer needs, and ensure delivery of sales targets and objectives.
• Ability to drive a company-provided car is an essential qualification of this position. Candidates must be able to drive a BMS-provided vehicle between locations (often a great distances apart), and arrive at each location ready and able to enthusiastically and efficiently demonstrate an applied knowledge of pertinent health care industry trends. Candidates must possess a high level of ethics, integrity and responsible and safe driving history.
• The individual in this role must have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent with a minimum of 5-7 years of pharmaceutical industry experience.
• Prior experience as a District Business Manager in Pharmaceutical sales, or equivalent experience in leading across matrix teams is highly desirable.
• Prior experience in the Cardiovascular disease therapeutic area is also desirable. • Hospital experience preferred.
• Individual should have a proven track record of inspiring and leading teams to meet or exceed expectations and goals.
• Individual should also have a successful track record of selecting, developing and retaining talented individuals.
• Applicants should have previous experience that has required the use of analytical skills, selling skills, and the development of strong business acumen, as well as a working knowledge of the market access environment.
• Strong skills in the following areas are required: oral and written communications, negotiation, strategic analysis, leadership, teambuilding and effective coaching to improve performance.
As this position requires operation of a Company-provided vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of "Qualified Driver," as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following: 1) at least 21 years of age; 2) a driver's license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and 3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company.
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.