Key Responsibilities Include:
• District Business Manager (DBM) will lead salesprofessionals to deliver strong performance for ELIQUIS in a highly competitivemarket.
• Individual in this role will translate strategy to action, creating andsetting a vision for the team, and building a productive and innovative teamculture.
• DBM will develop, communicate and execute business plan for District.
• Must understand and be able to explain the brand's strategies and translatenational/regional plans to business plans for the District and territories.
• DBM will set goals and expectations of performance, set priorities, andensure appropriate targeting and allocation of resources.
• DBM will also utilize data to analyze business trends and enhance districtplans and goals by providing direction to representatives on relevant growthopportunities.
• Individual will also model, coach and provide feedback on messaging andselling skills to enhance impact of representatives in engaging customers.
• They will serve as a resource for District product and disease stateknowledge. • Responsible for effectively and consistently managing individualand District performance, taking accountability, and taking appropriateactions, when necessary.
• DBM must also be focused on developing themselves as well as their team toimprove performance in current role and to prepare for future roles.
• DBM must have a deep understanding of the healthcare market, includingreimbursement environment, competitors, and local market dynamics and issuesrelated to both hospital and retail markets.
• They will be expected to build strong relationships and network with keydecision makers, local opinion leaders, and stakeholders to support businessneeds and sales objectives.
• Must understand and comply with all laws, regulations and policies.
• Individual will serve as a member of Region Leadership Team, and will beexpected to provide strategic and local perspective and insights, contributingto region-level issues and initiatives.
• Individual will work collaboratively across matrix sales organization toappropriate address customer needs, and ensure delivery of sales targets andobjectives.
Qualifications • Ability to drive a company-provided car isan essential qualification of this position. Candidates must be able to drive aBMS-provided vehicle between locations (often a great distances apart), andarrive at each location ready and able to enthusiastically and efficientlydemonstrate an applied knowledge of pertinent health care industry trends.Candidates must possess a high level of ethics, integrity and responsible andsafe driving history.
• The individual in this role must have a Bachelor's degreeor equivalent with a minimum of 5-7 years of pharmaceutical industryexperience.
• Prior experience as a District Business Manager in Pharmaceutical sales, orequivalent experience in leading across matrix teams is highly desirable.
• Prior experience in the Cardiovascular disease therapeutic area is alsodesirable. • Hospital experience preferred.
• Individual should have a proven track record of inspiring and leading teamsto meet or exceed expectations and goals.
• Individual should also have a successful track record of selecting, developingand retaining talented individuals.
• Applicants should have previous experience that has required the use ofanalytical skills, selling skills, and the development of strong businessacumen, as well as a working knowledge of the market access environment.
• Strong skills in the following areas are required: oral and writtencommunications, negotiation, strategic analysis, leadership, teambuilding andeffective coaching to improve performance.
As this position requires operation of a Company-provided vehicle, offers ofemployment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of"Qualified Driver," as determined by the Company in its sole discretion,including but not limited to the following: 1) at least 21 years of age; 2) adriver's license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and 3) adriving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer - Vet/Disability
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.