About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The Sterile Injectables (SI) District Business Manager will lead a team of sales professionals to achieve sales and financial goals for the company Injectables in the assigned market and ensure the execution of strategic sales plans.
Responsible for attaining results through the optimum utilization of market resources, ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures, management of key customer accounts, and utilization of their people management skills; the District Business Manager has leadership responsibility for a multistate geography (Maryland, Virginia, Washington, DC, Pennsylvania and Delaware) and will be expected to travel up to 50%.
The District Business Manager will be responsible for leading performance via a cross functional matrix of stakeholders for key accounts and Hospital Integrated Delivery Networks/Systems (IDNs) across the geography: (UPMC, Sentara Health system, HC Pharmacy, Johns Hopkins, Medstar system, Christiana University of Maryland Medical Center, Inova Fairfax Hospital, Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, VCU Medical Center)
The District Business Manager will directly influence the success of the US the company Injectables organization by overseeing the hiring, training and execution of their sales representative team (referred to as Drug & Drug Delivery Specialists) and managing the success of their geography. This role will require both strategic thinking and tactical execution to ensure that the team meets its key objectives and commitments of the assigned district, region and division.
The individual will report to a Regional Sales Director, the company Injectables and will be responsible for overseeing the creation of business plans and execution of overall sales strategy to ensure the adoption and overall success of the company Injectables robust product portfolio and innovative delivery systems. The role is accountable for overseeing the market in general and the optimization of business opportunities in targeted hospital accounts and clinics as well as managing a team of Drug & Drug Delivery Specialists in calling directly on all accounts and driving accountability through the team regarding metrics and overall achievement of plan.
The District Business Manager will oversee the development and application of business processes that lead to achievement of sales goals and objectives. This role will also be the primary liaison to Major Account management teams within the company Essential Health and other the company sales teams regarding pull through strategies with key accounts as well as to effectively drive acceptance of promoted product(s) within a designated business area and geography.
• Manages a district team of 7-9 Drug & Drug Delivery Specialists to maximize performance and help achieve/exceed sales and budget targets by screening, interviewing, and hiring the best qualified candidates; delivers ongoing coaching and timely feedback to both manage performance and develop team members; conducts performance reviews and competency/behavioral assessments to drive high performance culture
• the company Injectables District Sales Manager will also be responsible for training and coaching Drug & Drug Delivery Specialists to develop skills in key aspects of their sales job (i.e. selling on value and other conceptual topics)
• Responsible for coaching and guiding Drug & Drug Delivery Specialists through the hospital formulary acceptance process, communicating contract terms and conditions to appropriate customers and eventual pull-through activities while managing key relationships such as key opinion leaders and key leadership in hospitals and clinics within one's geography. Require that sales team members understand customer contracts in order to identify additional opportunities and to increase contract compliance
• Effectively monitors District and Rep performance by setting targets and expectations, holding self and others accountable for results and taking timely and appropriate action to address opportunities for improvement
• Assists in driving results of team through the analysis of the district sales funnel and identification of upcoming key account opportunities
• Has complete understanding of all relevant compliance laws, policies and processes. Ensures actions of self and team are fully compliant. Oversee training and overall compliance with business and regulatory requirements
• Assesses effective use of all sales tools, reports, and resources, ensures team is maximizing these tools to drive results within the district
• Through collaboration within the Region, develops and implements District business plan, manages District budget and overall responsibility for sales performance at District level in alignment with expectations. Provides feedback to district teams on the marketing, allocating, monitoring, and leveraging of internal and external resources (e.g., discretionary spend).
Oversee the effective utilization of the company resources to accomplish sales goals and strategies
• Demonstrates a strong understanding of customer business, financial needs, and strategy
• Oversees the development of business plans for geography and implement national sales strategies and programs. Host/facilitate district business reviews to ensure plans and strategies are having impact. Track the progress of marketing messages and programs. Ensure the successful execution of sales strategies with specific and actionable feedback on approach, professionalism, and compliance
• Conducts district sales meetings to ensure alignment with corporate and district strategy
Works with various internal the company HQ teams (i.e. Marketing, contracting, National Accounts, Compliance, Sales Operations, Commercial Excellence, Training etc.) providing feedback and working collaboratively to provide acceptable solutions to support the field
Ensures all representatives establish and continually manage sales activities to build relationships with all Buying Influences (Pharmacy, Nurse, Surgery, Materials, etc.)
• Establishes and maintains effective communication with all members of the District, Region, National Account, and Leadership Teams and effectively execute plan of action with regard to large group practices (IDNs)
• Oversees the effective management of product trials, contract conversions, and new product launches
• Ability to manage a large geography with travel
• Candidate will preferably reside in the geography
• Bachelor's degree is required with a concentration in sciences, business or related field preferred. MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred
• 3 - 5 years selling specialty hospital products
• 5+ years demonstrated success and achievement of direct people management experience, or 3 years in a field leadership role
• 5+ years hospital sales experience and a deep understanding of moving hospital customers through the sales process
• 5+ years of injectables market experience including ready to use drug delivery innovation preferred
• 3 - 5 years of buy & bill experience and or contracting preferred
• Experience working with key thought leaders or high influence customers in large group practices, hospitals, or IDN's (integrated delivery networks). Ability to develop and motivate others, lead through change, and deliver on the company business imperatives is necessary to be successful in this role. Strong organizational and analytical skills and ability to analyze and draw appropriate conclusions using sales data/call reporting software/applications required
• Ability to navigate ACO (accountable Care Organizations) landscape
• Purchase options include (1) hospital buying process (wholesaler or GPO) or Hospital contracting perspective
• Understanding of the process for driving Contract compliance with hospital and account buyers, Directors of Pharmacy, Procurement and materials management
• Managed care knowledge -understand the policy for the product and how it can be obtained based on the managed care policy and approval
• Understanding the terms & conditions of a contract for a given customer
• High degree of change agility expertise, building, leading teams and modeling culture
• Demonstrated leadership in product launches
• Deep understanding of hospital account management and ability to articulate contracting terms and conditions
• Knowledge of sales force excellence best practices
• Experience in other facets of commercial organizations is a plus including marketing, finance or contracting
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.