Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a District Manager in Southern New England, CT!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as a District Manager! Airgas USA, LLC, a Fortune 500, $6B organization is planning for continued growth. As the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment! GENERAL SUMMARY:
The District Manager (DM) is responsible for leading, directing, and motivating all Branch, Administrative, Operating, and Sales associates within the District to achieve the highest safety standards, top line growth, EBITDA performance and operational excellence. The DM is responsible to execute on plans and strategies designed to meet and exceed customer needs. The DM has full Profit & Loss (P&L) responsibility for their branches/territory. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. Required Education:
- Manages the sales force for organic top line growth. The DM may have direct responsibility for key customer accounts.
- Manages branch assets to ensure Airgas's speed to market.
- Responsible for execution of Core Strategy I and II activities in the branches and throughout the District.
- Ensures branch planners are in place at all branches and take responsibility for execution.
- Maintains the stocks of gases and hard-goods at all locations to ensure high fulfillment.
- Ensures that branch and field sales associates are adequately trained and focus on the details of our customers' needs and requirements. Focuses on increased accuracy and SAP proficiency.
- Optimizes profit margins through execution of plans and strategies communicated from both the Region and Area. Maintains operation expenses in line with Gross Profit (GP) goals, customer service, and growth plans.
- Executes on plans to realize the strategic pricing targets.
- Provides support for the transition of targeted customers to the Total Access (TA) sales program.
- Ensures effective collaboration, teamwork, and communication throughout the District.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe environment at all Airgas facilities.
- Other projects/initiatives as assigned.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Sales Management, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of increasing responsibility in a business to business sales-related or sales operations position to include prior experience managing a team and a P&L or comparable experience within the distribution industry involving gases and welding supplies or similar industrial products.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A track record of achieving profitable sales growth is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- A reputation for strong leadership skills and the capability of developing and managing a team of experienced sales professionals with a strong emphasis on customer excellence and customer-focused results is required.
- Versatility to function effectively in a fast paced and changing business environment.
- Excellent motivational skills.
- Ability to analyze a business opportunity, and develop a successful sales strategy to acquire new business.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business and accounting concepts including but not limited to Return on Investment (ROI), Profit & Loss (P&L) statements, balance sheets, interest and leasing calculations, and margin responsibilities .
- Tough-minded, take charge change agent who challenges the status quo and acts with a sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others and to create cross-functional alignment.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, especially in the development of actions plans and to ensure accountability and follow through.
- Ability to make highly effective oral and written presentations and proposals to all levels of management.
- Working knowledge of SAP preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Employee may be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Employee may occasionally be required to transverse through office and/or manufacturing locations.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information.
- Employee will be required to observe and assess information received via computer.
- Requires use of computer, telephone and operation of a motor vehicle.
- Daily travel within the District is required (75% of the time).
- Minimal overnight travel.
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation.
- Job requires visitation of to various Airgas and customer sites, which have varying environments/conditions, layouts, and accessibility.
The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility nor does it constitute an employment agreement.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match,Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.