Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter . Description
The District Manager reports to the VPO. Responsible for overall planning, direction and control of assigned units within a district. Level of impact is within own District. Districts vary in size but generally range between 5 and 20 units
. Generally manages 300+ employees. Scope: $10M - $40M.
This is a great opportunity in a growing area of the Aramark business that provides a solid career path balanced with great work life balance. This portfolio of accounts will be mostly operating in spaces where corporate hours are worked . Key Responsibilities:
- Provide overall planning, direction and control to assigned units within a defined district, to achieve operating and financial goals.
- Provide guidance and motivation to managers and other district staff.
- Establish and maintain effective customer rapport and maintains mutually beneficial business relationships with clients.
- Look for opportunities to implement new products and services which support sales growth and client retention.
- Responsible for recruiting, training and succession planning of overall district.
- Maintains community relations. Participates in professional and civic activities. Makes public appearances.
- Interacts with Client management and establishes and maintains effective client and customer relations.
- Manages and guides team through the sales process.
- Interfaces with RVP, Staff VPs , other Divisional Management and Unit Directors and their staffs.
- Develops District forecasts and communicates deviations to Regional & Divisional Management. Determines plan that optimizes financial performance and productivity (by conducting operational audits).
- Build effective partnership with Regional & Corporate support functions.
- Independently conducts client negotiations and renegotiates unit contracts.
Ideal candidates will possess a high energy level that is communicated to the team they will lead. They will also exhibit a proven track record of growing accounts. In addition, highly developed interpersonal, analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills are essential to success in this role. The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is also a key success measure. We are seeking a candidate with a demonstrated rapid career progression and 6+ years management experience in a multi-unit role. Total managed volume of 10 million dollars or more and P/ L management experience in the hospitality industry is desired. Contract-managed service experience is desirable.
A Bachelors Degree or higher is required.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.