Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a District Manager based at our location in Billerica, MA! Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team, eager to drive our business forward? As the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment! GENERAL SUMMARY:
The District Manager (DM) is responsible for leading, directing, and motivating all Branch, Administrative, Operating, and Sales associates within the District to achieve the highest safety standards, top line growth, EBITDA performance and operational excellence. The DM is responsible to execute on plans and strategies designed to meet and exceed customer needs. The DM has full Profit & Loss (P&L) responsibility for their branches/territory. ESSENTIAL DUTIES& RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Manages the sales force for organic top line growth. The DM may have direct responsibility for key customer accounts.
- Manages branch assets to ensure Airgas's speed to market.
- Responsible for execution of Core Strategy I and II activities in the branches and throughout the District. Ensures branch planners are in place at all branches and take responsibility for execution. Maintains the stocks of gases and hard-goods at all locations to ensure high fulfillment. Ensures that branch and field sales associates are adequately trained and focus on the details of our customers' needs and requirements. Focuses on increased accuracy and SAP proficiency.
- Optimizes profit margins through execution of plans and strategies communicated from both the Region and Area. Maintains operation expenses in line with Gross Profit (GP) goals, customer service, and growth plans.
- Executes on plans to realize the strategic pricing targets.
- Provides support for the transition of targeted customers to the Total Access (TA) sales program.
- Ensures effective collaboration, teamwork, and communication throughout the District.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe environment at all Airgas facilities.
- Other projects/initiatives as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. REQUIREMENTS:
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Sales Management, Engineering, or related field. In lieu of degree requirement, may accept an additional four years of related experience in addition to the required experience minimum.
- Minimum of three (3) years of increasing responsibility in a business to business sales-related or sales operations position to include prior experience managing a team and a P&L or comparable experience within the distribution industry involving gases and welding supplies or similar industrial products.
- A reputation for strong leadership skills and the capability of developing and managing a team of experienced sales professionals with a strong emphasis on customer excellence and customer-focused results is required.
- Versatility to function effectively in a fast paced and changing business environment. Tough-minded, take charge change agent who challenges the status quo and acts with a sense of urgency
- Ability to analyze a business opportunity, and develop a successful sales strategy to acquire new business. A track record of achieving profitable sales growth is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business and accounting concepts including but not limited to Return on Investment (ROI), Profit & Loss (P&L) statements, balance sheets, interest and leasing calculations, and margin responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others and to create cross-functional alignment.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, especially in the development of actions plans and to ensure accountability and follow through. Excellent motivational skills.
- Ability to make highly effective oral and written presentations and proposals to all levels of management.
- Working knowledge of SAP preferred.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas USA, LLC.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.