Overview: About Aramark:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Aramark Healthcare
is a leader in providing food, facility, clinical technology and senior living services to nearly 1300 healthcare organizations throughout North America. Our presence is felt throughout the entire healthcare continuum, from patients, visitors and residents, to nurses and physicians. That's why we believe our people are truly our greatest asset. And it's why we're committed to creating an internal culture where the best people want to work - with a dedication to diversity, exceptional career development, competitive benefits and compensation, and generous community initiatives that make a difference.
Aramark Healthcare is searching for a District Manager
supporting Food and Nutritional service accounts in the Philadelphia and New Jersey market . Reporting to the Regional Vice President, the District Manager provides support and direction to field staff who manage Food and Nutritional services within acute care hospitals. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for development of business plan and budget for each account in the district.
- Develops and attains financial goals for the district.
- Reviews and analyzes all reports (financial, human resources, etc.) pertaining to district components.
- Establishes and maintains client relations to ensure account retention.
- Responsible for compliance with provisions of client contracts.
- Evaluates the quality of services delivered by Hospitality Services in each district component. Conducts inspections to determine quality of service provided. Investigates complaints regarding this operation and effects satisfactory solutions.
- Works with the Regional Vice President on re-bids and contract negotiations.
- Becomes actively involved in the acquisition of new business, including identifying, surveying and costing prospects. Participates in the sales process by working with the pre-proposal study teams, aiding in presentations, preparing opening team schedules and coordinating and leading opening teams. Conducts client negotiations and renegotiates unit contracts. Coordinates documentation of contract changes.
- Identifies opportunities for advancement and other developmental experiences for successful managers and maintains a succession plan. Assists in filing open positions for each component in the district.
- Visits each account on a regular basis to maintain contact with clients and employees, and to ensure compliance with Aramark standards.
- Meets with managers regularly to coach and provide feedback on performance, and to assist in managers' professional development.
- Develops good relationships with Corporate support departments to facilitate meeting needs of the district.
- Manages in compliance with Aramark's standards of operation, client contract and within Aramark's Business Conduct Policy. Maintains all records and reports necessary to comply with Aramark/HSS, government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's Degree preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 7 years progressive management experience managing a complex business with financial and operational responsibility for that business, multi-site OR multi-departmental.
- Healthcare Food Services is required.
- Must have multi-site management responsibility with minimum P+L responsibility of $25M+
- Requires previous managerial experience of hospital support systems.
- Self-starter, capable of leading, directing, and supporting a team in a diverse environment with highly developed interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.
- Successful high volume P&L and budgetary management; exceptional organizational and time management skills with a proven track record of growing accounts.
- Must be able to relate professionally and positively to physicians, clinical staff and healthcare facility executives with excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation and management skills.
- Travel is as required, for account/facility visits and participation in Regional and National activities.
- Willingness to relocate and live in the assigned market.
- Contract-managed service experience is highly desirable.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.