It is a great time to join CVS/pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Caremark, as America’s leading retail pharmacy with more than 7,600 stores continues to grow. We are seeking a talented multi unit retail leader to join us as a District Manager. A District Manager has the support, training and innovative thinking to successfully lead an average of 20 or more stores. The District Manager owns the district P&L and is accountable for the operational performance and management of store teams, including people development, sales and sales building programs, service, execution of company-wide programs and initiatives, margin and expense control and shrink and asset management.
The District Manager is highly engaged in store visits, providing an opportunity for a fun, motivated and energized store environment. There is a great level of autonomy in carving out how a store visit is conducted to engage with store teams and drive sales. Teaching store teams how to be successful, how to impact service and ultimately deliver for our customers is critical. The District Manager focuses on staying ahead of the curve by making adjustments or taking risks to provide a great customer experience that delivers results. A District Manager has the autonomy to make decisions, from coaching a store colleague in real-time to coaching a Store Manager on effective merchandising strategies with the customer in mind.
Our loyalty card program, ExtraCare, is the largest retail savings and rewards program with more than 70 million active member households. Becoming a part of CVS/pharmacy not only means having this strong customer base, but also having the potential to advance your career to Region Manager and eventually Area Vice President. CVS/pharmacy will invest in your development! Training includes numerous online modules, live classes, emerging leader programs and strategic experiences with senior leaders. In addition to learning about our general merchandising, a District Manager learns about compliance, alcohol, controllable substances and pharmacy in order to lead stores successfully.
* Set the expectation, standard and example for customer service within the district
* Manages the Pharmacy Supervisor, and partners with him/her to drive pharmacy sales and service.
* Manages the total store operations of the district within budget
* Manages district expense control and shrink and asset management
* Drives sales, improves margin/profitability and reduces expenses within the district
* Responsible for delivery and execution of new and ongoing programs
* Responsible for selection, guidance, training, performance management and accountability of all exempt level associates in the district (Store Managers, Assistant Managers and Pharmacists), including acclimating new field management staff to the company and or new position
* Represents CVS in all issues and opportunities within the area of responsibility
* Supervises support staff to drive results in the district (RCS, Pharmacy Trainer, Training Store Managers, Pharmacy Trainers, etc)
* Partners with Regional or Area level support teams (LP Managers, HR Business, etc) 347767
A little about us: