Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Systems and Services Division is seeking a District Operations Manager. The District Operations Manager will be based out of Lenexa, KS. The position does offer relocation assistance.
Position Overview :
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division wants to help you fuel your career! Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of filed services technicians and engineers in the industry. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting edge technology and engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
The Power Distribution Systems organization offers career opportunities at a variety of levels representing increased scope and responsibility within the organization.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Act as sales and marketing agent in conjunction with NAS Sales Team to ensure top line sales objectives are met. Identify and develop prospective new customers. Keep current on the trends and significant issues in the local marketplace and work with NAS DM in providing direction during the strategic planning process. Maintain effective relationships with service customers. Facilitate teaming with other districts to support multi-district customers and/or industries.
- Develop forwarding looking profit plan and monthly forecasts with accuracy so that the operation meets these numbers on a monthly (and even daily) basis. Responsible for procurement, efficient execution of services being offered / cost control, leveraging subcontractors, inventory management, managing receivables (works with credit department, resolves terms & condition issues with the contracts department, work with collections), and turn of backlog and projects
- Assure an effective and skilled staff through recruiting, assessment of talent (find gaps and follow action plans to fill gaps), training & development, goal setting, communications, performance appraisal, and conformance to applicable company policies. Provide leadership and direction to ensure professional growth for employees and retention within the district. Acts as a technical mentor and back up for field personnel.
- Assure the safety of employees who work in low, medium, and high voltage work environments. Ensures strict compliance with safety policies, trains and implements safety programs, ensures safety equipment resources are available and properly tested, acts as a safety liaison with customers, ensures proper disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous materials
- Effectively manages diverse and dispersed field based workforce in assigned geographic territory, which may include multiple office locations. Responsible for office building issues. Demonstrates good corporate citizenship. Assures the security and effective allocation of company resources and assets.
- Key interface with customers, North American sales force, manufacturing plants, product division management, and functional support staff. Interfaces and coordinates with plants and business units within the company and outside vendors to procure parts and services for the assigned District.
- Handles escalation procedures in accordance with our 24/7 service business. Makes sound business decisions on the fly when support functions are unavailable.
- Contribute to the division product/process improvement initiatives.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Ability to travel within the US and outside of the US without restrictions
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 7 years of experience in managing and leading a service or engineering unit OR 10 to 15 years of management experience in another field.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in Electrical Field services and systems
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience with power distribution, control products, as well as field service practices and procedures, employee relations and quality programs.
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience developing and maintaining customer relationships and resolving complaints.
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience leading people and manage a fiscal entity.
- PE License
- Electrical Contractor’s License
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.