Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. Job Summary
Manages the day-to-day operations of a single remote site or small site with a single line of business, and establishes and maintains performance and productivity metrics and cost management processes. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the site, and provides daily support to managers in ensuring quality and budget performance.
- Monitors budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, and performance.
- Executes National Transportation Services (NTS) strategic capital budget, ensuring effective use of the budget through asset allocation; ensures appropriate spare ratios and asset disposal.
- Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with Company, OSHA, and other standards and regulations.
- Ensures thorough root cause investigations for all injuries and incidents, following-up with consistent discipline and retraining.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with the NTS Manager and/or Director of Operations.
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- Interacts with local city, municipal, and county agencies to ensure customer satisfaction, improve efficiency, renew contracts and negotiate new contracts; establishes WM as a good corporate citizen and valued resource.
- Ensures compliance with Service Machine procedures and continues to work toward and/or maintain Gold Certification Standards.
- Engages suppliers in problem solving and participates in suppliers' improvement processes by providing performance feedback on supplier surveys.
- Minimizes the total number of suppliers used by working with Supplier Partners to eliminate/reduce the number of one-time suppliers.
- Works with functional groups to resolve employee relations and labor relations issues.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 2 full-time employees, including:
- Indirect supervision of 80 full-time employees.
Education and Experience
- Education : Associate's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience : 3 years of work experience (in addition to education requirement) in transportation operations in which coaching, routing assessments and leading employees. Must have previous experience managing 100 plus employees and supervisors. 1 year of WM operations experience preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Class A CDL Required
- Experience in a position involving operations, customer service, community relations, health and safety, financial, and human resources function, experience as a supervisor or manager; experience implementing safety (OSHA) programs and equipment specifications, experience preparing and managing budgets, and experience resolving labor relations issues required.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
A little about us:
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.