Odwalla is a pioneer in the premium juice category. Started by three musicians in Santa Cruz in 1980, Odwalla grew from a backyard shed and a local following into a brand that crafts over 40 delicious products for everyone that loves to feel their own vitality. Despite our growth, we have kept to our roots in recognizing our environmental impact. We recycle more than 98% of all our trash, and we leave no citrus waste for landfills. And that’s just the beginning. We believe that handling our beverages with care goes hand in hand with being good stewards of our environment.
- Establish sales distribution targets and merchandising objectives for each assigned RSR.
- Establish and maintain regular and on-going communications with RSR’s, retail, and trade partner decision-makers, i.e. Produce Manager. Maintain regular trade partner contacts and knowledge of account personnel.
- Frequently meet with RSR’s to counsel and assist with specific problems and opportunities. Serve as front-line communicator with each RSR. Coach and provide RSR’s with recommendations for resolutions to issues. Train RSR’s on sales, merchandising excellence, new products, etc.
- Regularly ride with RSR’s and work with them to resolve problems, and achieve sales, returns, and merchandising goals (two full days/week minimum, with every RSR at least once per quarter).
- Cover delivery routes as needed.( Must be able to lift up to 50lbs)
- Build RSR capabilities to achieve sales targets and sales objectives while maximizing profits
- Provide assistance at retail level to ensure all new products are placed and schematic and distribution targets are achieved.(ensures proper safety is being adhered to on route)
- Sell to accounts where appropriate.
- Maintain merchandising strategy that ensures proper handling and product placement by implementing agreed-upon schematics,
- Attend account sets/re-sets, account openings, in-store demos, promotional activities, and trade functions to maintain or gain space.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Cold Calling and opening new business
- Calling on various buyers within the assigned District (Includes setting up promotions for customers in each assigned area.)
- Lead Monthly District Node meetings and weekly one on ones meetings to communicate promotion activity, new product introductions, execution objectives, improved display selling techniques and other training as required.
- Partners with sales operations team to establish and revise route schedules to maximize sales distribution by route and to improve service to customers.
- Lead and manage the performance review process for their direct reports
- Works collaboratively with operations team to ensure that all sales and operational objectives are being met by their direct reports.
- Qualified candidates will have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ industry related experience which includes: direct store delivery (DSD) management, key account management (area level);
- A proven track record of being able to motivate and build a successful sales team and promote initiatives that build and create strong trade partnerships;
- Strong leadership skills to provide mentoring, training or corrective feedback;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including being able to prepare presentation materials and present the information one-on-one and in a group;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel (Power Point a plus)
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills; and an understanding of computer ordering systems.
- Must have a clean DMV record and a valid driver’s license
- Must complete a drug and background screen.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, push up to 125 lbs, and be familiar with DOT regulations.
Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.