Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
POSITION CAN BE BASED IN WASHINGTON, DC OR BALTIMORE, MD
- Capitalizing on our reputation for service excellence, brand name recognition and our famous catalog, you'll flourish in a fast-paced environment, using Grainger's unparalleled value proposition. The District Sales Manager will deploy strong business acumen and marketing savvy to optimize sales and profitability in your district. You will lead a team of approximately 10 to 14 Account Managers in developing long lasting partnerships with customers to supply and manage their MRO procurement.
- Our sales organization has resources including an expert team who can consult with you and your customers to discuss specific product lines, professional training and development programs, and our world-class e-commerce site. Grainger provides the cutting edge technology and efficiency our customers both require and expect of us. Your mission will be to identify, inspire, and mentor a peak performance team with an estimated annual spend of $30 Million. This position reports to the Regional Sales Vice President.
- Demonstrate the ability to motivate and achieve results through others.
- Be strategic, organized and technologically savvy in your approach to managing your district and team. You will bring high-level problem solving, quantitative analysis and strong systems applications skills (including intermediate Excel).
- Understand financial reporting and have the ability to analyze business needs, costs/budgets, and economic earnings.
- Possess excellent presentation skills, a strong customer focus, and the ability to manage change.
- Demonstrate a track record of successful internal partner relationships that result in the achievement of sales and operations objectives.
- Be committed to lifelong learning. An undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is preferred, but not required; MBA a plus.
- B2B sales management experience is highly desired.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.