Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. It has 172,000 employees and generated sales of €48.4 billion in 2014. Over half (57%) of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx.
Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) commits to:
• Decoupling growth from environmental impact.
• Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being.
• Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020.
Unilever was ranked number one in its sector in the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In the FTSE4Good Index, it achieved the highest environmental score of 5. It led the list of Global Corporate Sustainability Leaders in the 2014 GlobeScan/SustainAbility annual survey for the fourth year running, and in 2015 was ranked the most sustainable food and beverage company in Oxfam’s Behind the Brands Scorecard.
Unilever has been named in LinkedIn’s Top 3 most sought-after employers across all sectors.
For more information about Unilever and its brands, please visit www.unilever.com. For more information on the USLP: www.unilever.com/sustainable-living/
Unilever is offering an incredible opportunity by building a reputation for valuing differences, so that we can attract talented employees who know that we will appreciate and utilize the skills, backgrounds, perceptions, and knowledge they bring to the table.
This role will be passionate about driving our Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) program and initiatives, strategy development and execution, build relationships with key partner organizations, with the goal of diversifying and attracting under-represented talent, proactively support our diversity recruiting, networking events and engagement opportunities, contribute to building our brand as a top supporter of diverse talent, and build relationships with key talent across interests and disciplines that we wish to attract and hire. Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders and focus on building candidate engagement and recruitment strategies in support of our D&I plans and initiatives.
- Partner closely with the D&I team, stakeholders, and business leaders to brainstorm, collaborate, and drive new ideas forward.
- Partner with internal customers and business leaders to understand their unique needs and build solutions accordingly.
- Promote Unilever as an employer of choice and proactively manage networking opportunities (e.g. professional organizations, affinity groups, job fairs, conferences, and seminars).
- Identify critical talent needs, high priority positions and under-represented populations within the organization.
- Conduct D&I measurement and trend analysis, identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities and recruitment processes in support of hiring needs.
- Proactively recruit through creation of external and internal pipelines that may arise from a variety of diverse groups and resources.
- Consult and partner with hiring managers to share and evaluate potential national/regional/local D&I opportunities focused to drive hiring outcomes and accountability.
- Report and deliver event outcomes to determine value of investments and future attendance, and ensure post event or networking engagement with identifiable talent.
- Report on diversity recruiting efforts and outcomes to stakeholders, D&I and HR Leadership Teams.
- Bachelor degree in HR, Business Administration, Marketing or related discipline; Master degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated work experience in a D&I or recruitment function within a corporate setting; CPG or relevant industry exposure preferred
- Exceptional project management and organization skills in order to successfully perform and lead several D&I initiatives concurrently
- Passion and interest for D&I
- Knowledge of current D&I and Talent Acquisition trends and best practices
- Strong connection to an existing network of professional contacts affiliated with D&I
- Ability to travel (domestically) 30%
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.