Job Location: United States : New Jersey : Bridgewater Alternate Job Location : United States : Florida : Tampa || United States : Illinois : Aurora || United States : New York : New York || United States : North Carolina : Cary || United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
- Serve as enterprise lead for the strategy related to military veterans
- Ensure focus on talent and commercial opportunities to promote and penetrate veterans and other markets as identified. This includes a focus on supplier/procurement spend for veteran-owned businesses
- Partner across other business lines and functions to further enterprise D&I strategy
- Provide thought leadership, insights and consultation on veterans strategy internally to senior leaders and business lines and obtain commitment through education, sponsorships, and recruitment
- Ensure communications and messaging are aligned with key stakeholders
- Partner with external organizations, including the military and various other D&I-related groups, to build strong relationships and create marketing, branding and commercial opportunities for MetLife
- Represent MetLife across all veterans-related organizations, initiatives and events, internally and externally; may include speaking directly with veterans and members of various multi-cultural groups as needed.
- Partner with Global Talent and Talent Acquisition teams to ensure talent and recruiting strategies align with Global D&I veterans strategies; ensure policies and programs are competitive with the market
- In partnership with Global Learning & Development, provide input and help create a curriculum of training and education for employees and managers on topics related to veterans and employees
- Work closely with the DBRNs and LIATs (specifically MVET ) to help create a work environment that recognizes the value of veterans and other diverse employees
- Manage any vendor relationships as related to the veterans strategy (e.g., ACP mentoring program, FourBlock) as well as other D&I partners as identified
- Create metrics to track progress and effectiveness programs and initiatives, partnering with HR Analytics team
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, government regulations, company policies, programs and practices.
- Work within the broader GD&I team to support various initiatives as needed
- 5-8 years of business/working experience.
- Military background and knowledge of veterans affairs.
- Supervisory/leadership experience preferred.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Effective project or program management skills.
- Ability to negotiate and influence without direct authority.
- Culturally fluent with a global mindset.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities.
- Customer-focused, innovative and creative.
- Exercises sound business judgment.
- Ability to influence without direct or positional authority
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 59101