Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Posted: January 11, 2017
Reference ID: 170000FJ
Do you have a natural ability to spot top talent? Are you passionate about building diverse teams and fundamentally believe that diverse teams drive better business results? Do you want to be part of transforming culture?
Then we want to talk to you. Come join our team as an Associate Diversity Recruiter.
At Unilever, we want our community to reflect the broad spectrum of U.S. consumers we serve every single day. Because we believe diverse teams perform better. We want diversity of thought on every single team- to make better
decisions, launch ground break innovations, and challenge the status quo to unlock growth.
Our Associate Diversity Recruiter position, plays a key role in helping lift our Diversity & Inclusion agenda. This position sits on the Diversity & Inclusion team, with also a reporting line into the Head of Recruiting. The Associate Diversity Recruiter will help partner with businesses and define talent needs, gather and apply industry and market trends, perform proactive candidate sourcing, and recruit diverse candidates across all businesses. The ideal candidate will have experience in recruiting, and a passion for spotting top talent from diverse backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Partner with diversity organizations to identify key recruiting opportunities to develop brand recognition with diverse candidates
· Manages engagement with internal stakeholders & various external diversity organizations
· Developing diversity content that can be leveraged for branding purposes across all recruiting areas
· Research and determine diversity recruiting best practices in the market, including tools, sources and technologies
· Partner with recruiting teams to understand key recruiting challenges and provide solutions that are creative and commercial (lateral sourcing)
· Project management, implementation and ongoing ownership of diversity recruiting initiatives across campus and experienced teams
· Identify and leverage market data to understand key trends to help shape approach
· Facilitates regular status update meetings with clients, sourcers and other stakeholders as necessary
· Accountable for effectively forecasting budgets and managing company funds, adhering to policy and driving disciplined spending. Ensuring all channel partners get paid in time.
· Assist in strategic planning and/or participation in events, conferences and programs with a focus on pipelining and hiring diverse talent
· Assist with developing and driving strategy initiatives and campaigns, with an innovative and solutions-focused mindset
· Partner with Director of Diversity & Inclusion, Head of Recruiting, and Key Business Stakeholder on program management to attract and hire initiatives, such as Diversity Mixers Co-Sponsored with BRGs
· Analysis of ROI data from diversity events/conferences and provide recommendations on wins, missed opportunities and future participation.
· Provide data analysis and best practices on active diverse candidate pipeline, such as source, interview success rate and which businesses are most successful in hiring.
· Provides frequent progress reports addressing hiring metrics, diversity metrics, and status updates
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent 4-year degree required
· Minimum 5 years of work experience in corporate setting required
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Experience in and demonstrated interest in Diversity and Inclusion
· Stellar interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Highly driven with an action oriented, positive “can-do” approach.
· Exemplary organizational skills - identifying key milestones, multi-tasking, prioritizing, and delivering against goals and objectives.
· Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
· Strong project management and issue identification/resolution skills
· High level of communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Strong organizational and program management skills
· Ability to set and consistently meet project milestones
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
· Travel required, up to 30%
· This is a full-time position
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation