Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Job Description Responsibilities:
Researches, identifies and attracts qualified candidates to fill entry and mid-level hiring requisitions; function as a problem solver, able to perform within established guidelines and according to specific procedures.
- Act as a search expert for a functional area by understanding functional hiring needs, position specifications, process improvement, and search requirements. Some functional areas might include: Risk, Compliance, Quants and other Finance.
- Sources diverse pool of external candidates for all priority openings at the AVP and above level. Focuses on diverse recruiting strategies and results.
- Review employee referral resumes for skill level and qualifications; follow up with initial phone interview to assess availability, fit with role and interest
- Focus on sourcing passive candidates through high quantity networking, outbound cold calling, complex internet searches, and research.
- Utilizes on-line sourcing capabilities (e.g., CareerBuilder, Dice, Indeed.com, LinkedIn and other specialty sites) as well as legitimate social networks, search engines and internal resume database to recruit qualified candidates and in accordance with OFCCP Internet Applicant Guidelines.
- Executes on creative strategies to identify and attract potential candidates to meet hiring demands.
- Participates in local networking events, open house and career fair activities including conducting interviewing sessions and recommending potential candidates to hiring managers.
- Partners with University Relations in on-campus HBCU's HSI's and other diverse recruitment strategies
- Conducts preliminary telephone screens to ensure quality of candidates and provides screening documentation to a consistent standard of approach, detail and accuracy
- Plans and executes step-by-step candidate administration in ATS and supplemental systems to a consistent standard of approach, detail and accuracy in support of sourcing and screening duties.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with Global Human Resources North America Talent Acquisition and other GHR representatives.
- Keeps informed of all organizational changes and assesses impact on assigned talent acquisition needs.
- Attends business line meetings and Talent Acquisition Team meetings on an 'as needed' basis to provide progress updates
Qualifications Qualifications & Preferences:
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- 5-7 years prior corporate/agency sourcing/ recruiting and business experience in a Human Resources department.
- Previous experience sourcing for financial services positions and specialty positions such as IT and Project Management helpful.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of behavioral based interviewing.
- Demonstrated understanding of EEO/AAP laws and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of on-line sourcing capabilities and OFCCP Internet Applicant Guidelines.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, HRIS and ATS systems.
- Experience working closely with clients and staffing partners to determine position needs.
- High attention to detail and customer-service oriented.
- Self starter, flexible and adaptable to constant change with the ability to work in a fast-paced, high-demand environment.
- Ability to travel to occasional local and national recruiting/networking events to recruit talent.
- Proven dependability with a commitment to working as a trusted team member
- Ability to work remotely with limited direct supervision
- AIRS- CIR, CDR, CSSR certifications preferred
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.