Division Navigation Director
Who We Are:
Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA , offers integrated cancer services with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for those facing cancer in communities across the United States and United Kingdom. Sarah Cannon has created a patient navigation system that addresses the continuum of cancer care. The system is designed to support patient navigators in all phases of the treatment spectrum, addressing prevention, screening and early detection, diagnosis, treatment, palliative and supportive care. By tracking progress, providing check lists, facilitating communication and producing reminders, the system is a vital tool in the expansion of our capabilities and patient outcome success. Our efforts will both strengthen the care that we are able to give our patients and provide support to the staff who administers this outstanding care. If you are passionate about exceptional patient care...Apply Today!
Make A Difference:
Our navigation staff plays a vital role in cancer care, managing what patients go through on a day to day basis. Patients routinely tell us what a difference our staff make as they go through one of the most challenging times of their lives. At Sarah Cannon we have formalized a process to allow nurse navigators to comprehensively manage a patient's experience with cancer.
The Division Navigation Director serves as the direct supervisor for a division oncology navigation program and the respective navigators. This role is part of a matrix reporting structure including direct reporting to the Sarah Cannon Senior Navigation Director and the Division Sarah Cannon Regional Vice President.
Minimum Qualifications Education Certification or License
- The primary function is to develop and maintain a navigation program that improves the continuity of care for the patient.
- The Director provides leadership, oversight, and quality focused standardization across the division, focusing on the patient experience from point of entry, through diagnostic studies, diagnosis and treatment plan for cancer through survivorship.
- The Director assumes responsibility and accountability for the improvement and maintenance of quality navigation reporting.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse
- 3 years of Leadership experience, program development experience
- 3 years of experience as a nurse navigator and / or patient educator in oncology preferred