The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician solution for the Hospital Corporation of America. PSG makes it easier for physicians to practice medicine by reducing the burdens of managing an independent practice and infusing the best clinical and operational standards in every office. With 13,000 employees that work in more than 790 practices across 21 states, PSG is leading the way by delivering high quality, cost effective health care in communities across the country.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services. POSITION OVERVIEW
The primary responsibilities of the Division Director of Pathology Services
include the development and maintenance of the daily operations and general management of the programs in the assigned geographic region. This position serves as the Physician Services Group (HBP) representative for the Division holding the providers accountable to the contracted terms and ensuring that the interests of HCA and the Division are met. This position monitors the activities and operations of all the pathology programs in Mid America Division to ensure the programs meet the Division's goals of improved quality, efficiency, volume, and patient / physician satisfaction. DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Works effectively with all stakeholders or vendors for pathology technical services.
- The overall responsibility for the functions of HBP services in the Mid America Division to ensure maximum utilization of pathology resources and the efficient delivery of services. Participates in monthly:
- Division MORs with monthly performance metrics and analysis of variances to budget
- Quality reporting and directive initiatives targeting improvement areas
- Identifies opportunities to increase the scope of practice of the HBP services.
- Interacts on a regular basis with HBP AVP, of Pathology Services, Pathology Division Medical Director, Market Medical Director and hospital CEOs to ensure their HBP services and clinical operations needs are met:
- Assists in resolving any medical/administrative issues.
- Reviews monthly quality/clinical operating reports.
- Monitors workflow through the practices to ensure appropriate utilization of physician time and staff coverage
- Monitors and reviews case reporting turnaround, quality and billing input into the system for timeliness, accuracy and thoroughness
- Develops special work load reports to adjust staffing level as necessary
- Participates in annual budgeting process for Division pathology group:
- Analyzes and forecasts the impact of increasing or decreasing current level of HBP services provided by the pathology program
- Recommends corrective action as required to eliminate negative variances.
- Works to ensure timeliness, accuracy and completeness of all other financial reports to meet specified deadlines.
- Works to develop and report key financial and other operating indicators..
- Evaluates financial performance to budget and prior period trends and understands causes of variances.
- Ensures that development of a quality program in conjunction with HCA, CAP (College of American Pathology) and other standards, to include facilitation of quarterly quality reviews and providing for problem resolutions.
- Promotes the development of pathology employment as a team-oriented process, which incorporates the standards of daily multidisciplinary collaborative rounds and physician-to-physician hand-offs.
- Assists with audits and evaluations of compliance with clinical guidelines.
- Serves as a resource for pathology-based provider programs within Division.
- Participates in partner/vendor assessments and annual evaluations when requested.
- Ensures programs adhere to the HCA "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement".
- Ensures and maintains effective communications between all levels of personnel.
- Ensures compliance with and knowledge of the company's Code of Conduct by all subordinates to ensure an ethical work environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES - This position requires the following minimum requirements:
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives.
- Knowledge of health care administration systems.
- Knowledge of hospital based physician services.
- Knowledge of multidisciplinary team development.
Knowledge of governmental regulations and compliance requirements related to clinical practice. Displays consistent behavior that enhances the public image of the organization as evidenced by professionalism, interaction with peers, customers, vendors, etc.
Displays consistent behavior that enhances the public image of the organization as evidenced by professionalism, interaction with peers, customers, vendors, etc.
- Ability to use various computer systems and applications.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise.
- Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment and problem-solving techniques in the decision-making process.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients and the public.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to travel when needed.
EDUCATION - A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration or Nursing is required.
Three years' work and supervisory experience in hospital-based programs or physician practice management of multiple locations, preferred.
Effective working knowledge of healthcare financial management, specifically medical program accounting, third party reimbursement issues, and facilities management.
Administrative experience overseeing a large Pathology group in a lab or hospital setting, preferred.
Physician practice experience in operations, Business development and management experience
Effective working knowledge of healthcare systems management for clinical operations.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom