GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES -
The Division Director of Pharmacy Operations is responsible for improving operational & financial pharmacy performance at all HCA facilities within the division to include but not limited to: medication safety, patient safety, resource utilization, financial reporting, performance improvement, use of technology, regulatory compliance, drug utilization, clinical education and staff development, management of appropriate drug utilization, drug spend analysis, and quality improvement activities. DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provides guidance to facilities regarding JCAHO, CMS, NQSF, FDA standards, and State Board of Pharmacy Requirements.
- Analyzes and evaluates detailed pharmacy expense trends in collaboration with the DDOP, Pharmacy Purchasing Analyst, and facility Pharmacy Directors. Based on analysis, assists in the development of a strategy to reduce pharmacy expenses.
- Participates in quality improvement, fiscal and productivity goals and objectives.
- Identifies best practices and trends in the pharmaceutical industry, division and facilities, while suggesting/ implementing activities to enhance pharmacy operations.
- Leads and participates with multidisciplinary groups at the corporate, division and facility level to ensure key quality and operational initiatives are in alignment with organizational priorities. Provides guidance to facilities as it relates to implementation of corporate and division operational projects.
- Serves as an internal consultant on medication/patient safety and quality standards related to medication management (i.e. State Board of Pharmacy, TJC, CMS, NQSF, IHI, and FDA standards).
- B.S. in Pharmacy or PharmD required.
- Master degree preferred.
- At least 5 years experience as a pharmacy director in a hospital setting required.
- Previous experience in HCA preferred.
Active pharmacist license in state employed.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom