Responsible for developing, evaluating, and implementing clinical/
therapeutic supply cost formularies for the Division and HCA in an effort to reduce supply cost and improve trends. Responsibility includes standardization, utilization, implementation packages for complex processes, and publication of easier, less complex approved cost savings ideas in the Streetwise Database. Individual will support the Division Supply Chain Officer and Division Clinical Resource Director as a subject matter expert in the review of pharmacy purchase patterns. Individual will be required to manage the Pharmacy component of the Discovery database for both news and updates. This individual is also responsible for developing pharmacy business process models to optimize and enhance operating results across the company. SUPERVISOR
- SCO SUPERVISES
- NA KEY INTERACTIONS
- Division CFOs, Supply Chain Officers, Directors of Clinical Resource Mgmt; Hospital
CFOs, CNOs, COOs, Directors of Pharmacy. DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Manage the Division SCM operational processes specific to the Pharmacy arena to ensure achievement of the program's goals and objectives.
- Contribute to the content development for Supply Improvement Initiatives (SII) in the Pharmacy area. The primary focus will be developing therapeutic formularies for key pharmaceutical product lines both at a Divisional and Corporate level.
- Develop additional new products and processes for Divisional and/or Company Standardization.
- Contribute information to the Streetwise Database specific for Pharmacy.
- Develop special projects as necessary.
- Maintain effective communications with corporate and division management, CRM/FRC personnel, and facility management.
- Develop working relationship with various Pharmacy subject matter experts, both at division and facility level.
- Identify best practices and trends in the Pharmaceutical industry, divisions and facilities, while
suggesting/implementing activities in Supply Chain to enhance operations.
- Contribute to a monthly written communication for the Supply Chain Services Newsletter that highlights activity in the Pharmaceutical arena.
- Participate in all Division SCM activities, including conference calls for large and small groups, and various group presentations as necessary.
- Assist in developing key Pharmacy business process models to be implemented within the Division or HCA.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Demonstrate organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheet and word-processing applications.
- Ability to utilize distributor data for reviewing Division purchase trends.
- Functional working knowledge of hospital pharmacy activities, P &T committee, and product management.
- Ability to create enthusiasm for new programs and different approaches to existing programs.
- Demonstrate quality improvement competencies.
- Understanding of utilization and productivity in a variety of clinical settings.
- B.S. in Pharmacy required; Pharm.D., MBA, or MS, preferred.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE: PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- More than 5 years pharmacy utilization and/ or director level operation's experience required.
-Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and
stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 25 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.