HCA Graduate Medical Education is one of the nation's largest providers of residency and fellowship training programs across the nation. With more than 203 programs across 21 specialties and 43 hospitals, HCA GME is building a leading network of innovative, patient-centered graduate medical education programs. We believe graduate medical education is much more than medical training. Our goal is to inspire the next generation of physicians to care for and improve human life by focusing on patient-centered approaches to practicing the latest evidence-based medicine. HCA hospitals currently train more than 2,650 residents and fellows with that number growing to 5,500 by 2020.
The Director of Research Administration will lead a team of research support personnel in translating clinical needs into analytic questions, design and conduct rigorous analyses of health related data, and translate analytic findings into actionable intelligence for our faculty and residents. DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Qualifications: HIGHLY PREFERRED EXPERIEINCE
- Oversee, mentor, and guide a dedicated and team of data analysts and other research support staff
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state and HCA regulations, policies, procedures, and audit requirements in the use of patient data for research purposes
- Contribute to the development of training, tools, and process documentation for both the department and for assigned projects
- Perform data analyst functions that generate knowledge via data mining, visualization, or other analytics. Serve as a resource to others performing this work. Lead the creation of best practices, resources, and tools that enable new analytical capabilities.
- Constructing and manipulating large electronic claims datasets, knowledge in domain modeling, relational database design, programming language(s),SAS, data transfer methods, and electronic health record and health care claims standards and/or analytical techniques used in research programs.
- Developing study designs and analytic solutions based on available data sources, business partner's needs, and timelines;
- Managing multiple projects related to a wide variety of business settings and clinical needs;
- Collaborating with key internal and external stakeholders to gather and analyze needs and requirements;
- Presenting data or analytic findings in a variety of formats (reports, PPT, graphs, figures and tables)
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of statistical principles and analysis considerations taken into account during planning of research.
- Consult on and provide direct technical support for research projects of high complexity and often requiring solutions not previously used by the project team or work group.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of terminologies and coding procedures used in research and the health care environment.
- Experience in health services research environment.
- Experience with large health care data sets including, electronic health records, Medicare claims, or other health care claims data sets preferred.
- SAS, R, SPSS or Tableau experience is strongly preferred.
Master's Degree from an accredited master's degree program providing training in a research related field, statistics, informatics, or related field of study and a minimum of 5 years related experience. A Bachelor's degree in relevant field and a minimum of 1o years of increasingly responsible related experience may be substituted for the Master's degree
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom