We are currently looking for a seasoned Division Director of Pharmacy to lead Pharmacy Services within the HCA East Florida Division. The Division Director of Pharmacy will be based at our Parallon Office in Miramar and will be responsible for leading, implementing, measuring, and directing all Pharmacy Services both clinical and operations to include and not limited to developing, evaluating, and implementing clinical/therapeutic formularies for the HCA East Florida Division in an effort to reduce cost and improve quality and outcome trends. Responsibilities also includes leadership, strategy, collaboration, research, standardization, utilization management, implementation of complex processes, regulatory compliance, and development and execution of new and proven cost savings, clinical initiatives, and operational workflows.
This individual will support the Hospital Pharmacy Directors and associated management teams; as well as the Division Pharmacy Leadership Team. This position is ultimately responsible for developing the pharmacy business strategy to optimize and enhance operating results across the division and execute on the corporate pharmacy agenda.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Manage the Division SCM operational processes specific to the Pharmacy arena to ensure achievement of the program's goals and objectives.
- Contribute to the content development for Supply Improvement Initiatives (SII) in the Pharmacy area. The primary focus will be developing therapeutic formularies for key pharmaceutical product lines both at a Divisional and Corporate level.
- Develop additional new products and processes for Divisional and/or Company Standardization.
- Contribute information to the Streetwise Database specific for Pharmacy.
- Develop special projects as necessary.
- Maintain effective communications with corporate and division management, CRM/FRC personnel, and facility management.
- Develop working relationship with various Pharmacy subject matter experts, both at division and facility level.
- Identify best practices and trends in the Pharmaceutical industry, divisions and facilities, while suggesting/implementing activities in Supply Chain to enhance operations.
- Contribute to a monthly written communication for the Supply Chain Services Newsletter that highlights activity in the Pharmaceutical arena.
- Participate in all Division SCM activities, including conference calls for large and small groups, and various group presentations as necessary.
- Assist in developing key Pharmacy business process models to be implemented within the Division or HCA.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Demonstrate organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheet and word-processing applications.
- Ability to utilize distributor data for reviewing Division purchase trends
- Functional working knowledge of hospital pharmacy activities, P &T committee, and product management.
- Ability to create enthusiasm for new programs and different approaches to existing programs.
- Demonstrate quality improvement competencies.
- Understanding of utilization and productivity in a variety of clinical settings.
- B.S. in Pharmacy required; Pharm.D., MBA, or MS, preferred
- More than 5 years pharmacy utilization and/ or director level operation's experience required.
- Licensed pharmacist PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 25 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom